Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop recommendation for basic gaming

Options
  • 07-11-2021 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi. My 14 year old would like a pc for christmas. He has no idea what spec he needs and to be honest either do I. To date he’s been using a refurbished think pad which has been fine but he tried to play minecraft and got the message that his graphics card is not up to scratch. Don’t have a massive budget maybe €1000 Looking for something to get him started but that won’t be obsolete in 12 months.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Do you have any parts that can re-used, or is absolutely everything needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭EO2019

Starting from scratch (bar monitor keyboard mouse).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What's the model of the monitor? Depending upon it's features, the GPU choice may change to reflect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 alexmaxoks

If using Think pad (great machine) it is a laptop means not always you can upgrade graphics in it. In most cases it is integrated.

With a budget of 1000 Eur you can build a powerful PC or order one to be built for you. I prefer buying parts from Germany as UK is not great source anymore. I will send you a PM with website (can not post it here I presume as it will be advertising)

Advertisement