Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's it like to live in Glencullen south Dublin

Options
  • 07-11-2021 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi all, looking to possibly move to this area and wondering what it would be like to live there? If you'd care to let me know what the area is like that would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Not great when it snows.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭The Darkroom

Yeah, I did factor that in when looking at it. I can't imagine winters being too great there. Does it snow often throughout the winter and early spring?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Well, like any part of Ireland, it doesn't snow that much at all. But whenever conditions are marginal and the City is under a cold rain, Glencullen can get a belt of wet snow very easily.

I don't know what the stats are, but I'd guess Glencullen gets 5-10 snow days on average in any winter. Its also prone to frost and ice.

In a bad winter with any general snowfall, Glencullen gets it worse by a factor than the surrounding area, they have to send up JCBs to dig out the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Nice spot, used to live not to far from there growing up and only have good memories of the place. Eventually the parents got sick of having to drive everywhere anytime we left the house so after 10 years we moved back down to civilization.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

It's a lovely scenic place with great walks, and if you like pitch and putt and a nice pint in Johnny fox's happy days, it is a bit off the beaten track though so it depends on your lifestyle i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

One word sums up the place...

Clannish

Advertisement