Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career change for lower salary?

Options
  • 07-11-2021 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey all, I'm currently in full-time,permanent employment, earning just shy of €60.000. I find work life balance is not great, and I tend to suffer quite badly from stress/anxiety even though I have a great boss. I have been thinking for a while that I would love to completely change jobs as I have 3 small children (7,5 & 2) and would like to be around for them more aswell as benefiting my mental health which is definately suffering, so the idea of training and working as a special needs assistant really appeals to me,but I'm aware that the salary might be in the region of 50% lower. Has anyone made a drastic change in jobs and had a major pay reduction and how did you find it? My husband also works full time and earns €60,000. I'm 45 and need to think of things like Kids going to college. My head is wrecked! Would love to hear some stories! Thanks so much!

Advertisement