Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL refusing return

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Nothing in the law says that the consumer has to deal with an agent. The sale of goods act puts the resolution on the retailer not their agent, the consumer only has to deal with the retailer by law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭paul71

The agent has clearly failed to engage. OP just open a case Lidl are not meeting their duties under the SOGA (which surprises me as they are one of the better retailers).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Nothing that's says that they can't direct you to their service/returns partner. The regulations state that the retailer is responsible. It does not direct how that retailer manages the responsibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

I seriously think you all are over complicating this. I had a petrol lawnmower that packed up. I took it back to the store and due to the petrol content, they refused to bring it in. I was referred to their agent. I was asked to drain it and box it. UPS collected it and it went back to the supplier. They issued a cheque the following week.

You ARE correct about your rights, but there is a simple solution. You are making life difficult for yourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

Any progress?

• Advertisement

A quick update. I returned to the store. They actually had a pallet of the item back in stock, so was prepared to take a replacement. As it turns out they were happy to give a refund once I gave my word that the petrol tank was drained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

Good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Good that sense prevailed. LidlAldi were really good at handling returns and refunds when they first opened stores here. After a few years, they started this repair agent crack and put the onus on the customer to deal with their responsibilities. I rarely buy stuff like that in them since.

Advertisement