Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

🤣 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭blue note

Pregnant the year after. And I have a plan in the event that I can't get out of minding the child for it next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Good luck for the year ahead @FixdePitchmark. Lot of nice courses on the list, i'm saying ill make one of these events all the time but hopefully this is the year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Mods get cut shots? Really? Since when?!! 🤣

Great to have you as captain this year Fix, we knew you would bring a fresh and new direction to the society which will help it grow even more.

looking forward to defending my titles next year and revisiting courses I haven’t played in a few years. Winter can’t go by quick enough!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,935 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

0o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Folks I'm going to see about joining this year as I won't be renewing my club membership and I'm thinking one outing a month might suit better for next year.

I'll check the distances to the outings and see can I make them work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

hello gents. long time lurker on the golf forum and very interested in joining up for this year. The golf has started to come together for me and would love to play some new courses with some new faces.

tried to PM you there Seve but getting permissions error.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Manhatton

Hi Lads,

Likewise, I'm interested in joining up, meeting new faces and playing new courses. Played alot of golf 10yrs ago and gave it up when the kids arrived. Only started back before Covid and I look forward to playing golf all over this lovely Island. Seen this forum and it sounded good. Hopefully there won't be anymore restrictions for the golf. 🤞⛳

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Hi, this sounds like something I would be up for. Love to get into a society. Was playing ok (20 hc and improving but still relatively bad) but golf gone downhill since Sept. Peaked in July😂. Planning lessons and improving so if a (potential) 27hc bandit can join - sign me up.

Tried PM'ing but getting permission errors due to private user??

I’ll have to check out the pm issue later on guys.

for now, I’m standing on the first tee in Greystones, a tricky enough par 3 th whett your appetite

sorry boards is rotating the photo no matter how I put it in 🙁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What way does Teamer work once you download. Is there a code for the group etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Hi Seve, can you add me too?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

You should have a shindig in Clifden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Can you add me seve or message as love to get involved. Know another two who prob be interested. Not sure if they have an account on boards but can get that sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think the captain referenced (fairly I think) that members should at least be SOME bit active on the forum rather than someone who’s never considered using the site before as an excuse to get some chances of prizes etc.

I could’ve read it wrong though as the group does seem very welcoming.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can't wait for this to start up again, and in our traditional 1st outing in Portmarnock. Haven't played most of the courses on the list, though looking forward to playing Tullamore again after being a member last year. Will more then likely be moving out of Kerry, so it won't take me 4+ hours to get to every single event 😂

Also looking forward to making the Ryder Jug team this year as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭swededmonkey

Hi Seve, can you drop me a pm about joining? I'm having the same problem messaging you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,935 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭a post punk

Great list of Courses Fix, a couple of new ones for me there aswell. Your enthusiasm for the Captaincy is great and the Friday addition this year is a great idea for the social side of the society. That’s an important part of the days out getting to dissect the good and bad golf we’ve all played on the day with aload of golf nuts.

Here’s to 2022 being a great year.

PP

• Registered Users Posts: 12 WeatherOrWhich

Looks like a great lineup! I'm interested joining in too. Hi Seve, getting permissions error also so can't dm you. Cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Guys. Your post count is too low to send pm’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭blue note

I'd have clicked into someone's profile to send them a message previously. Seve's is private so you can't do that, but you can create a new message in the message section and type his name. If you have enough posts to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Snackbox20

Congrats again Fixed on your captaincy and the very best of luck for 2022.

A great list of courses, never played Carton House, Headfirst, or Greystones, so really looking forward to playing those. A lovely mix of courses and some nearer to home in Nenagh and Dundrum, only out the road. Both are really testing with Dundrum having those 3 holes across the road and Nenagh have some really andulating and tricky reads on their greens.

C,Mon feck off 2021 so I can count down proper to Portmarnock.

Looking forward to catching up with the boards golfers and meeting new players in the new year. Last couple of games in winter conditions have been short of sh1t, but need a serious boot in the rear and more practice 😁.

Sorry folks, I've taken my profile off private now so it should be easier to pm me. I've also updated my signature, if you want to join, just send me required info and i'll set you up.

I've updated teamer now and have included any requests. there are a few interests who space tagged in a pm but haven't responded so if you are not yet in the teamer group, check your pm's and send me required info. It's still November, so loads of time before our first outing, but better get in early :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭willabur

I was in the soc 2 years ago but took last year off for obvs reasons. Looking forward to getting out to a few more outings in 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Like many, I'm a long time lurker. Doubt I'll get joined up as I can't see myself being able to go to most next year but I'd be very hopeful of 1 if not 2. That'll depend on numbers at the times. Great list of courses, and best of luck for the year!

Hard luck lads in the Jug a few weeks back. Next year 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Aleynaa

I finally joined last year but only made it to one event… hoping to improve on that next year.Everyone was very friendly so I was delighted that I finally put my name down. Some lovely courses next year and I would love to play Carton House! Am I still on the list Seve? Best of luck to the new Captain…I’m very appreciative of all the work that goes on in the background, so fair play😊

Advertisement