Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Will sign up this evening.

Have been working on my low punch drives for Portmarnock so won't be missing this one!

Also really looking forward to Carton House too.

Well done to all organising this. I can imagine it's no easy task.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Sub paid for the year

Now time to get out on a course haven't swung a club since November

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Looking forward to paying up and taking part in the events. First year on the society

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I moved Clubnet instructions and queries to a New Sticky to assist those looking to sign up (given it kicked off mid thread and will be lost soon).

I was unable to transfer all the Clubnet related posts so lets just leave them here but for new ones please post on the Clubnet specific thread.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058228008/boards-golf-society-clubnet-setup-and-queries#latest

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bobster453

All signed up and paid and ready to rock n roll.

Massive shout out to the Captain and committee, great selection of courses and brilliant set up on the app by Golfgraffix.

Kudos to all

As it is some years since I played is the league table still on the go and what is the format or is there a link to a post about it?

For me that was the best craic, trying to keep somewhere decent on the table as I really wouldnt be expecting to feature too often

• Registered Users Posts: 38 scotty_golf9

Hope everyone is getting the clubs out this weekend🤙🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yes, still doing GOTY table with top 10 qualifying for the jug and 2 wildcards from the captain

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johonnyboy

Sub paid. Thanks to all.

Hopefully make a few outing for my first year. Great to get an opportunity to play courses around the country.

Lads and ladies

for some of the newer sign ups you may have to sign up to ClubNet app as new user if the log in doesn’t work for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ciano15

Looking forward to my first year in this society, and playing portmarnock in the first outing aswell🏌‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Super numbers lads, absolutely fantastic work put in!

As I said before I'd love to commit but I'm afraid I won't be able to this year unfortunately. Joined Ennis GC for the year and still going to play back home in Galway too. With football as well I'll have no time. Down the line definitely!

Still hope to make maybe one outing later in the year. But looking at the signups I'm not sure if there'll be room!

Best of luck for the year all 👍⛳

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭robbok

Sub paid up, first time with the society , really looking forward to it. Big kudos to all the organizers , well done lads

• Registered Users Posts: 38 scotty_golf9

Done and dusted, cant wait to start me first golf society and to meet everyone thats envloved, for the first time.

Buzzing🏌🏽‍♂️

I cant log into my clubnet account anymore i was able to log-in yesterday, its saying my password is incorrect anybody know how to change it as i never changed it before, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Hi ciano15, as Fix said in the other thread, membership is now closed for the time being. The numbers signed up are quite high and we want to make sure that there is enough room for the paid up members to get out.

This will be looked at again once the Tee Sheet goes live.

Anybody that had a member account but had not yet paid their subscription is now in the frozen category and wont be able to login.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 20,910 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Guys - just an update.

As membership is currently frozen - there is no panic for a time slot or to top up your account, it is January and it is a reasonable outlay at this time of year.

We will review the situation on the 2nd of February - if people have not topped up their account or are not on the time sheet at that time we will open up the membership again.

Obviously people who have paid should go ahead and pick their spot as per the ability / pace recommendations.

I wouldn't be too disheartened if you are not in at this point - a significant number will not be available or going to the first outing.

We have upped the slots on this outing to the max - and are reviewing the rest of the outings.

Thanks.

Fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭CONSI

Hi guys, as a new member, hoping to get a tee time but understand the logistics and numbers issues. Whats the protocol though if I do get in, are tee times assigned or is it just go in and put your name down anywhere, I really have no problem playing with anyone but dont want to be the cause of splitting up and long running side grudge matches 😀 . Just noting the comment above - "Obviously people who have paid should go ahead and pick their spot as per the ability / pace recommendations".

No not like that ...you can stick yourself anywhere .

We have just advised anyone who wants an exceptionally fast round target front

More relaxed middle

Very nervous may lose many many balls last 4 groups.

It isn't going to like this after Monty...just for tougher courses with high numbers .

Will end up random enough due to personal circumstances...but a general guide...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭CONSI

Spot on thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Missed out on getting my subs in over the weekend, forgot all about it. Will hope for an update next week if there's any free slots but if not I'll be sure to get my act together for the rest of the events. I'm not too far away from any of the courses though being in Carlow so should be able to make a good few events all going to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

Hi Guys,

If someone just expects to play in 1 outing, is there a guest spot? Or way to do this without having to pay full subscription??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

There will only be visitor spots I there is capacity. Paid up members will have priority, but we will accommodate, where possible (based on currently numbers and expected demand, I wouldn't expect any availability for guests at the first 2 outings at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gmur1894

Hi lads.

Apologies for only getting back to you at this late stage.

I wont get the chance to play golf with the society this year.

Wishing the committee and all the members a great year of golf

Regards GMur

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

have purse topped up now. just waiting on the tee sheet to go live. not missing out on a chance to play Portmarnock :)

LINKS 🙂

Hope people know that - may explain some of the panic 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭spuddy4711

Is WhatsApp useful for Societies to record scores.

As each player finishes, they send a photo of their card to the group. Committee gets updates and have places decided by end of play.

No waiting around for the last group to submit their cards.

No we won’t be doing that

we may look at a live scoring option as some point but for the moment, it’s just a regular card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭willabur

What is the over / under bet on number of people who rock up to old portmarnock on the day?

Advertisement