Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Sorry guys, been a busy week. I’ll sort shortly

Post edited by Seve OB on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

BOOM! I'm liking the minor tweaking to the points system (but of course I would say that!) Is the goal to reward consistent scoring a little more? Under the old points system I'm guessing break80 would have been leading!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,910 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I guess time will tell - but that was the idea , people winning a few events were insurmountable for a player playing well all year. But perhaps I feel like that because I can never win an event 😂

Good golf RoadRunner - for a person who doesn't get to play as much golf as they would like.

Thanks Seve - for all the work that goes into the results / hcaps / cards etc.

sorry my bad.

if you saw something there which you shouldn't have, please keep it to yourself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Golf Society only postings please, any Off Topic posts will not be split out, just deleted. Thank you.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭CONSI

Happy Easter to All, hope everyone is getting in some practice this weekend before next weeks outing

Leaderboard Provisional

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭a post punk

Charlie is there a touch of Dejavu off that table 😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I like it up there!!

Early days yet and some unfortunate poor rounds from the lads near the top helped me yesterday.

I’m not giving up that spot too easily though!

• Advertisement

OK all .

Just to let people know that the next outing will be posted soon - time sheet will open on Wednesday .

But just to let people know that the majority of people will have to top up for this outing. (people who went to all outings so far)

There was a good debate and discussion with the committee on top up - and what won out was - the society wants members who commit to a few outings as opposed to picking off the odd premium ones.

The next top up will get you 3 outings - if you don't top up , you absolutely will make another outing at a lower cost venue - but the next outing is a premium venue. We did well with the rate here - but cheaper outings are coming up in the next 4.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation and general positive feedback.

We would really ask people not to speculatively grab a tee time for this one - you should be near certain you can go if you put yourself in.

Again - we hope people know what the society is about now - and we ask that you make a more medium term commitment to the next, at least 3 out of 5 outings.

I've said it before - all income goes back into the society and towards our bigger events at year end. (Captains and Jug)

Should point out that minimum top up is €100, but you can put more in if you wish. Part of the reason for minimum top is that there is a transaction fee every time someone tops up, so fewer top ups mean fewer fees for the society to have to pay.

Fix we might look at posting prices for remaining outings so people could plan?

eg if someone plans to go to 3 more outings @€50each, has €20 in their purse, then they could top up by €130

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭robbok

Hi FixdePitchmark, could you please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Just a heads up to all members. Will mention it also at the outing, but wanted to document it down here too.

It's been a lot if years since we got any gear made up for the society and those original Polo shirts could be getting a bit threadbare at this stage.

We're looking at getting some new polo's created for the society with the logo included on it and wanted to see what interest is out there from the members.

One of our crew, GolfGraffix, has recently ordered in similar ones to these and can attest to their quality.

We're looking at this top, in the Royal Blue colour

We're working with Boards to get some of the cost subsidised, and will be charging cost only for these.

Interested in hearing people's thoughts and see what the appetite is.

It's great to have matching tops in particular when the Ryder Jug rolls around to have the team coordinated together

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭eireyiddo

Nice polo top, good choice on the color, graphite one ain't bad either. Anything but the Arsenal red works for me #COYS👌

Working on a small screen so only posting the top 20 in GOTY here. Few changes at the top as we work our way towards the business end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 38 scotty_golf9

What a course that was today, best ive played anyways. Enjoyed playing with the 3 lads as they made it a good day out. Hopefully ill see yeahs in the next outing 🤙🏼

MOD EDIT Keep comments to Outing specific thread please

Post edited by slave1 on

Just to follow up on this and try keep some momentum.

I've created a survey here:

Will leave it open for a couple of weeks to allow enough people to see the post.

We're planning to do up an order form through Clubnet for the actual finalised orders and to take in any cash required, but would appreciate if people could complete this so we can gey a feel for demand

Good stuff Space, filled in there

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Snackbox20

Thank you Spacecoyote, filled in the survey there. Great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭spuddy4711

Blue or teal looks good on the cool dudes, but what about red or puce for people like me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

Space, I'd love to respond to your survey however you have not included medium sized bear as an option. 🤣 if you can get polo's for the more rotund then I'm in.

Full GOTY table

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Break80

Lads and Ladies'

I have a spare spot for a team event in Fota Island this Friday. 11am tee time. Free golf and barbecue after. myself, Captain Fix and Benny79 in the slot.

PM me or catch me on whatsapp if anyone fancies it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

T-shirts sounds like a great idea!

Golfer of the year update after greystones

Great stuff Seve - going to be very hard to make the team - hope I've done enough to get in myself - but - a long way to go.

Myself and Space have a rivalry building - that I find kind of hard when the bloke is so nice. I like an enemy 😂

• Advertisement

Think we should just call the season over now, no point in any further events 😁

Advertisement