Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube asking for 2factor login

Options
  • 09-11-2021 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

I think its ridiculous ,youtube is now asking me to use 2fa to login, eg i put in my password ,now it says use 2fa pin no sent to your phone. i think it makes sense for gmail ,they want to increase security. but i just want to watch a few videos .now ,ill have turn on my phone and read a txt pin no from google.i read they are rolling out 2fa logins to all youtube users .i have,nt tried it on my phone yet ,i hope my phone just has youtube ,as normal, no login needed

i wonder is this necessary since youtube has a billion users .i understand 2fa is an important security option since many people have bank accounts and work user status connected to their email account .

should 2factor login be forced on all youtube users who just want to watch a video ?

Comments

Advertisement