Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting treatment in private, inpatient stay in public hospital?

• 09-11-2021 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi.

I am currently getting treatment through Mater Private Hospital. I need to get an inpatient procedure/operation done with at least 1 night stay. Doctor who is looking after me and who will be carrying out procedure (private) organized a slot for that procedure to be done in Mater Misericordiae University Hospital (Public hospital). I am wondering from Health Insurance company's perspective my inpatient stay is gonna be accounted as Room in Public Hospital or Room in Private Hospital? My health insurance is fully covering Public, but only 50% Private. Technically stay will be in Public Hospital, but treatment/procedure is routed over Private...

Anyone know for sure?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Query it with all parties.

People have been known to be billed private hospital while getting public hospital service when using these facilities that operate public and private divisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The Mater Private have access to beds in the public hospital...my Dad just had a procedure in the public, semi private room. Himself and one other patient and then moved to a single.

Advertisement