Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

releasing corporate number for personal use and move provider

Options
  • 10-11-2021 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am moving jobs and getting my employers to release my mobile number from the corporate account. It will then be a PAYG number (with vodafone).

My plan is not to use vodafone as payg but sign up for 48. Just checking the steps I would need to follow. I have an old phone which I will use and I got the unlock code a month or so ago from vodafone for this.

so steps

1./ order sim from 48 (presume it arrives in few days)

2./ Get number released from corporate account

3./ activate sim on 48 website and unlock phone from vodafone

4./ move number using the instructions from 48.

5./ presume all will be in working order after that.

not sure if anyone else has done this so just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Yeah sounds like you have it all covered. Once your (previous) employer is happy for you to keep your number it should just be a simple port which you can start once your receive your 48 SIM. And as you’ve requested an unlock code your phone should be SIM free and able to use with your new 48 SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭rightmove

they moved over the number to vodafone PAYG but I am waiting on my new sim from 48. I wont top up or even engage really with vodafone so when the 48 sim arrives I will insert it to my spare phone and wait for the unlock msg when booting it up and unlock it. then I will go the the 48 site and activate the sim giving the newly released number from vodafone. fingers crossed hey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Seeing as the number is already on Vodafone PAYG it should be a straight forward switch.

When the SIM arrives register your SIM on 48 site, choose to port your number. They will send a code by SMS to confirm it’s your number so you’ll need to have the Vodafone SIM active for this step. Then once the signal drops on your Vodafone SIM you should be up and running on 48 with your number and can pop the 48 SIM in.

got the sim.

stuck it into the old mobile and unlocked the old phone from the vodafone network.

then went to activate the sim and move the number....currently waiting for this to go through ...takes a few hours

all ported across now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement