Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do companies still do fixed PtP wireless internet or is it all LTE now?

Options
  • 10-11-2021 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Moved recently to a small village in Kerry and the broadband isnt terrible (20Mb/4Mb) but was curious if I had other options. We have a mix of mobile providers (Vodafone/Three/Eir) but most of the time we all have 1 bar so I dont think LTE would be better than the ADSL we have. I am surround by mountains and can see masts/dishes and other equipment up there but when I google "fixed wireless broadband in Kerry" I dont get many results other than the usual "rural wifi" that are LTE based. Was hoping there would be fibre going up the mountains and I would be able to get 100/150Mb PtP fixed wireless. I was looking at Starlink too but could not justify the cost of ~1800 for the first year when I have 20Mb/4Mb. If anyone knows some providers down here in Kerry that provide what I am looking for please let me know. Cheers

Advertisement