Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look at who has posted in thread

Options
  • 10-11-2021 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

Is there a way to see the summary of who has posted in a particular thread (along with the amount of times posted)? You use to be able to go to the forum, and click on the post number beside the thread to see a summary

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

This is no longer possible I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

On a slightly related note - is it, or will it, be possible to check another poster's previous posting history?

I know you've just enabled finding your own posts.

If I see an off-the-wall post, it used to be very useful to have a quick peek at a posters history to judge if they were posting in good faith, and worth engaging with - or a nutjob to ignore, and move swiftly on.....

(Trawling a poster's history in order to troll them with it should be at least a carding offence!)

It's not possible at the moment but we are going to look at making it possible over the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's possible on mobile anyway, unless they have their profile set to private. Just click on their name - Discussions is threads they've started and Comments are all their posts. They’re not indexed by forum anymore, though.

Thanks @Dial Hard so it is possible on Mobile, I overlooked that when posting. Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This "setting profile to private" is a nonsense, and needs to be done away with.

There's no private information in the profile except email address, which can't be seen by anyone else anyway.

Makes it a right pain to PM people, and makes it impossible to see their post history.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement