Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European destinations with no/low restricitons?

• 10-11-2021 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

We might have to cancel a trip to Amsterdam because the pub closing times have been moved back to midnight, and will apparently be put back further this Friday. No point in going.

So we've decided to have a few pints somewhere else in Europe. But where? Which countries are "open for business"?

Also preferably not frozen like Norway or something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Berlin is still going as long as you're either vaccinated or recovered.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I was in Berlin a few weeks ago and it is fully open, like princess said, as long as you have your covid pass. In one bar they were so open the punters were smoking inside and the barmaid was dancing on the bar. It was like 1995 all over again.

There is a really good club scene in Berlin too if thats your thing.

Was also in Vienna in october and while it is open its a bit more sedate a city and probably not what you are after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,541 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If your only requirement is for the place to be in Europe and have pints, might I suggest saving yourself some travel time and going to Athlone or Dundalk or similar?

The poster above referred to Berlin being back like 1995. The two places I have suggested would be even better in that regard - they would be reminiscent of Berlin in 1945

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Quicker to get to Berlin though :) (and cheaper)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement