Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty

Options

Comments

Erm.... It's pretty telling that you chose not to link to the account which is one of those right wing ones that's fixated on the evil msm, her followers are similarly regressive. So screenshotting a load of right wingers saying they were not aware isn't saying much.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

Right, except that Grosskreutz was shown to have lied several times during his testimony and there is no rack on the video evidence. The defense have already set up the closing argument for this by picking up the AR15 and demonstrating the racking process to the jury, so that they can see that there's no racking at that time on the video.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Police also reported no unspent cartridges were found at the scene.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That really isn't the point. The judge would have known the upcoming witness was one and decided then was the time to do this.

It's so inappropriate from a judge in the middle of a court session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

Pedo that tried to put hands on a child got the bullet, all is right and just with the world.

This seems to be a cultural relativism thing. It's America and it's veteran's day. Pretty much everybody in the country of every political persuasion that's not ultra leftwing is extremely supportive of their military and veterans. The judge addressed it being vets day first thing before they got started (as did the judge over in the Ahmaud Arbray trial).

The gesture has no relevance to the case and attacking it won't win anyone over who isn't already completely convinced that Rittenhouse is guilty.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I can make up my own mind on the morality of an issue Tom.

Surely you are not advocating that we forsake our own judgement because a foreign court has found something to be unjust under what we might consider their unjust laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'm not buying it ,he shoots 3 people ,then calls a friend to say I just killed someone and calm as day walked past police lines , showing no emotions or even telling the cops there is three people who need urgent medical care after all he went to protect businesses and give medical aid .

• Advertisement

No victims of a shooting suffices. Would you not agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I don't know what your last sentence is about considering you don't know what my thoughts are on this case.

If it was done at the very beginning of the session then that's a bit more understanding, but considering the judge has already made some questionable calls in this case it looks very bad to do this when a defence witness is about to take to the stand who is a veteran. He made the point of highlighting the particular witness was one as well.

Surely you can understand why that is inappropriate? I'm not against the judge making the gesture itself, but just as a witness is about to take to the stand and asking the room to stand up and applaud them? Sorry, not on for me.

Seems he did not but so what if he did, when under attack he had to keep going till that threat was over.

There you go again praising the killer. As if you are a fan of his work

Would you have similar praise for the technique of an executioner. In the performance of their work?

Lol . You need to write to the court.

A letter from Ireland is being couriered.

Your post has no relevance to whether he shot in self defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

He didn't need a licence to be a part time security guard?

Not when discussing the ruling made by the judge about that exact language, no, it does not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Not only does the Judge have the right to exclude such evidence, he has an obligation to. He cited the specific section of the Wisconsin code.

I've been watching the entire trial on the PBS site in the evenings. There is a lot of fascinating legal machination which isn't shown on the snippets on the 6 o clock news. (I've a law degree, I'm somewhat interested in this sort of thing)

Misleading. Wisconsin Law also says (paraphrasing) "The above does not apply in the case that the weapon being carried is a rifle or shotgun which is not a short-barreled one (which has a legal definition and this AR was not part of it), or if the rifle or shotgun was being carried by a 16-year-old who had applied for a hunting license having completed a safety course." The judge has made it clear, however, that he is going to instruct the jury on what the law is, it is not something that the prosecution or defense will be arguing. (If the intent of the law was to allow under-18s to carry a rifle only for hunting, the legislature did a horrible job of writing it into law). It's the same section, you just need to read down to 3c.

The curfew charge has been dismissed because no evidence was entered about a curfew.

As to the judge, there have been plenty of articles online talking about what this judge is like, he's been on the bench for decades. Anyone who has argued in front of him has said he's hard, but fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

By that logic the 3 lads he shot created the situation that led to them being shot .

• Advertisement

That's not what happened.

Rittenhouse was attacked by Rosenbaum and shot him. Then he called a friend and said that he had shot someone. Then as people started crowding into that area he started walking back in the direction of where the police were. Then he was chased, tripped when he was hit in the back of the head, was attacked again by a kick to the head and again by Huber's skateboard before he shot Huber, then Grosskreutz advanced and aimed his gun at Rittenhouse and Rittenhouse shot him. Once Grosskreutz had retreated, Rittenhouse got up off the floor and headed down the road to where the police were, and attempted to get their attention.

I don't think there is any reasonable expectation in that situation for him to stick around with his bandages and help people, and if he had tried he would likely have ended up dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Did Binger attempt to use that specific video as evidence? I don't believe it was ever presented, maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

He shot a manlet who raped four boys, a domestic abuser and a burglar (who was wounded), all characters who were only shot when they closed on Kyle Rittenhouse after he tried to step back. The paedophile screamed 'shoot me n[word].' He got what he wanted (he had tried off himself before). The other two were similarly closing on him to attack. I cannot see the fault in shooting a sex offender who was pointing a gun and two other angry, violent little men- who intended to hurt him badly. The prosecution seem to be making deliberate errors, like questioning Kyle on his initial silence, arguing brazenly with the judge, to get a mistrial and another go. One notable thing is how blatantly false the reporting of it is by the MSM. Google similarly promotes false reports of the case. Watching portions of it streamed by Nick Rickieta or whoever is the only way. Kyle should unfortunately have left the matter to the police as angry, usually white men, ie Antifa set fires and broke things in the name of racial justice and Black Lives.

One commentator online said the Judges was the type grew up with the flag on the pole and shi7 under the nails.

Funnily enough it is a comment that appeals to both sides. Supporters of Rittenhouse will see it as marking the Judge out as coming from blue collar working class America. His opponents will see it as proof the Judge is biased, jumped up.

A rushed, politically motivated prosecution, to scapegoat Rittenhouse, to prevent further rioting. Yes Rittehouse made poor decision putting himself in the situation needlessly, but surely the murder charges appear to have no basis to them! He appears to have been attacked by an armed violent, criminal mob, only shot when under direct attack and attempted to back away at every opportunity. No charges were made against Gaigekreuz, despited him being a convicted felon , in a riot, brandishing a loaded gun. Prosecution are a joke

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

He did. It's what started the second tongue lashing from the judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Officer Brittany Bray confirmed how many shells were collected from the scene. He didn't rack the shooter. You have no Idea what's going on in this case because you are far too wrapped up in your ideological echo chamber to have an fair and honest outlook

At the time a generation of black businessess were being looted and burnt out across America, as middle and upper class white kids and gang members met their own needs.

If they didn't have a distraction inner city America on the West would be a smoking husk.

Pressing charges bought time till they went back to College.

You can see why they did it, unfair though it is.

Alright, I just watched the video again (watch from 0.40 below). Regardless of the fact that Kyle Rittenhouse shouldn't of been there. Regardless of the fact that the protesters, rioters, and looters shouldn't of been there.... How *isn't* this self-defense? There's literally a mob chasing him down the street and trying to jump on him.

No way he gets prosecuted for this. Clearly self-defense. Any of you would fear for your life in that scenario, and would of done the same. Looks like "kill or be killed" to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Anyone have any idea what the prosecution strategy is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement