Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ATR72

To bring it back to Rittenhouse. He only fired when Rosenbaum charged him and Hubert hit him with a skateboard (which can be lethal). The third man admitted to pointing his pistol at Kyle. Rittenhouse didn't stand around and unload more rounds into any of them. He retreated and attempted to surrender to police.

The jury will consider that. That quote there is mad. A young lad in Dublin died after being kicked in the head. The Liverpool fan who got beat up by Roma fans had his life destroyed. One kick or punch is enough to kill. The second man hit Rittenhouse with the sharp end of a skateboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

While few expect a verdict today the longer it takes the better it looks for the prosecution, is the concensus.

I'd agree with that. I genuinely think he will be found guilty on some serious charges. I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,749 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Really? America doesn't often find against people in this type case, it'd bring questions to letting kids having assault rifles which would cause the "bear arms" crowd to go nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Gatling threadbanned

I think the threat of BLM and the likes resuming riots will heavily influence the verdict. Nobody wants a repeat of that. I have a feeling Kyle will be the sacrificial lamb. As I said though, I hope I am wrong.

The judge is still considering the mistrial motion and I'm sure he knows this case has become politicised. They had someone in the court taking photos of the jury.

When was this? Any vid of that (or reaction to it)?

No vid but they had the person delete everything of their phone. The nephew of George Floyd was going around saying they knew who the jury where. Don't know why he's getting involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,749 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well if the judge decides its legal to go purge on BLM rioters then I can't see many rioters.

See, it's that type of rhetoric that you are promoting (that if Rittenhouse is acquitted it is legalising "purging") that will ensure more rioting.

It would be an inversion of logic alright.

"Let me get this straight. You think that Kyle Rittenhouse is a murderer, that the white supremacist state condones his actions, and that a non-guilty verdict is a signal to other vigilantes that they can kill protestors. And your plan is to riot about this?"

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

It's funny, the only one we know for certain was a racist, is the BLM guy chasing Rittenhouse calling him the "N" word.

America is a confusing mess of a place! lol

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

I doubt there will be much rioting anyway without it being shut down.

In August 2020, a few months before a presidential election and with the media banging the "Trump's America" drum as cities burned, the Kenosha local police told the White House they needed at least 750 National Guard personnel. But the WH can only send what the governor requests, and Winsconsin's Democrat governor Tony Evers only called 250. When he received a call from the White House chief of staff offering 500 more, he declined. That night, the events relevant to this legal case happened.

This time, neither the Democrat Governor, nor his party, nor the media, will have any use for scenes of destruction and violence. Evers has 500 National Guard on standby as the jury deliberate.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

Jury has retired for the day, it's reported.

Deliberations continue tomorrow from 9am.

Some speculation on Twitter that there are two holdouts in the jury who are citing fear of intimidation and retaliation by anarchists and rioters as their reason for not joining the majority, which suggests that the majority is leaning toward acquittal. That could be absolute bullshit though, so take it with a metric fucktonne of salt.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

That's definitely bs. From a right winger "journalist" well known for bs "stories". The "source" allegedly a US marshal.

Complete bullcrap.

That's why Twitter can be so dangerous with these guys. The amount of people who automatically believe whatever they see regardless of how stupid it is.

Post edited by Kermit.de.frog on

I agree. It's why we are where we are.

This case should have been closed almost before it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Let justice be done though the heavens fall, Acquit this man.

• Advertisement

If this weren't political it would never have gone to trial.

I didn't see where it was from, just saw it pass by on my feed earlier while I was updating some work-related stuff. It smelled a bit bullshitty though, not gonna lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Warning there's some very graphic clips of business owners defending their property being beaten by thugs in Kenosha but the video puts things into scope well.

If Rittenhouse isn't acquitted tomorrow it will show that even the justice system in the states can't hold up against intimation and mob rule which won't lead down a good path.

Post edited by bewareofthedog on

Defense have tonight filed a motion for mistrial with prejudice, citing prosecutorial misconduct already discussed in this thread, along with the prosecution witholding evidence from the defense which they then used in closing.

Not sure if the judge will address that before or after the jury is done.

Sorry I still don't understand. Last time I checked Wisconsin and Illinois are the same country, the USA. I don't get the big deal about him crossing state lines.

If the threat of BLM violence sends this guy to jail, then America is finished. It will be on the same conveyor belt South Africa is on. Final destination - Zimbabwe. If it's lucky to avoid that fate it might become Brazil.

On a sidenote one thing that stands out for me in the trial is the preponderance of German names. Rittenhouse, Rosenbaum, Schroeder, Binger.

I tend to forget that America is not just Irish, Brits and Italians. Germans actually make up the largest ethnic group in America. They tend to not to cluster in the same way the Irish did, however. They became Americans within one generation whereas with the Irish it sometimes took 2, 3 or 4 generations for them to be American first and Irish second.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

I expect Rittenhouse to be cleared of all charges because it really does look like a case of self-defence. Although, the longer the jury are deliberating, the more worried I will get.

That said, even if they do convict Rittenhouse, there is still the motion for mistrial with prejudice to be dealt with. And even if that isn't successful, Rittenhouse would have good grounds for a retrial based on the lawyer questioning Rittenhouse's use of the 5th Amendment and the introduction of evidence that the judge said was prohibited.

There's a way to go in this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Balkanisation tends to destroy countries alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

If we go down the brain-dead liberal identity politics route, should we now start asking some uncomfortable questions about German Americans?

Being any sort of hyphenated American is potentially a divisive idea.

Part of the reason African-Americans are still struggling to assimilate, is precisely because they see themselves as African-American or black before being just an American. And not only do many of them see themselves as some sort of unique tribe removed from everyone else, they also seem to want special treatment and to be untouchable by law enforcement.

Obviously, there are socio-economic reason why black Americans are still struggling. It would be foolish to deny this. However, they really do not help themselves at times either with their attitudes to society and authority.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement