Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCA with joint account

Options
  • 11-11-2021 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭

We have a joint current account and two credit cards associated with it. The primary device is my wife's phone. My phone is registered as a secondary device. When the SCA message appears on the online shopping page it says the notification is sent to my phone. But, I never receive it. If I try to retrieve the notification on the app login screen it says "No approvals waiting". Fortunately, most online shopping doesn't require this SCA nonsense, but the problem needs to be fixed as some sites require it. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

We would need to take a closer look at this with you. If your wife's device is registered as the primary device the notifications will only go to the primary device. Your wife can provision several devices and this should be receiving the Awaiting for Approval notification.

(Not sure if it is the case, we always advise each party to a joint account have their own individual logins and it is not recommended that these are shared. This allows each party access to joint, sole and credit cards etc. )

If you could please send us in a private message, we can go through some questions with you and escalate on then for a callback if required.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭plodder

Thanks. I'll send on more detail in a PM.

Advertisement