Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uneven key on new laptop keyboard (HP Envy 360). Will it be a problem?

• 11-11-2021 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi folks! May seem trivial.. I bought a new HP Envy 360 13.3" laptop. All good except the 8 key is uneven (recesses to top right corner a little). Will this create a problem in the future, stop working etc? PC World have told me I can swap it for another if I want. But they doubt it will be a problem in the future. This is my third laptop and first time I've seen an uneven key on keyboard so I genuinely don't know if it will be a problem later or not. I'm thinking probably not, but I want to be sure. Warranty is for 12 months. Thanks.

Comments

no idea.

if it bothers you change it while you have the option to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Doesn't really bother me. Just want to know if it might lead to a problem.. especially later after the warranty? Looks like the backspace key is also slightly sloping inwards and the top right of keyboard is very slightly uneven? Perhaps this is common with HP laptop keyboards or just laptop keyboards in general these days? Maybe I just notice it more because its a smaller keyboard.

I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's not loose in some way in comparison to the other keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Kinda funny, I was back at PC World earlier today looking for a sleeve. And the young sales guy asked me how I was getting on with new Laptop. I told him about the key and he said to bring it back tomorrow! He reckons it will be a problem down the road and the key not aligned will eventually either lock when pressed or not work at all? He was quite adamant about it.. so there we have it! I had just made my mind up to keep it but now I'll swap it tomorrow while I still can. Thanks for chat all the same. :)

Advertisement