Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Traffic and Roads Bill 2021

Options
  • 11-11-2021 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭

Couldn't find another thread on this but apologies if I missed it

A few points I noticed..

Amendment of section 44 of Act of 1993 - A person shall not drive a powered personal transporter on a busway - cant see that being enforced, especially when many cycleways are the left side of the bus lane

Amendment of section 68 of Act of 1993 - Where a road authority constructs or otherwise provides a cycleway it shall by order declare that the cycleway is for the exclusive use of any combination of pedal cyclists, pedestrians (!) or people driving powered personal transporters. This means by default cycleways will be for bicyles only until the signs are changed!

Amendment of section 3 of Act of 1961 - the output of which cuts off when those physical exertions stop, and is otherwise progressively reduced and finally cut off before the bicycle reaches the speed of 25 kilometres per hour - Some ebikes are configured to start fading out the power @ 25kmh with it completely gone by 27kmh. My Bosch system did this until I had the bike serviced and they updated the software

Comments

Advertisement