Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 round 19: Brazil GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ricimaki

I can't see Hamilton starting any further up the grid than 15th in the main race, so wonder will Merc change of all of engine components, start tomorrow last, and rule out any further changes for the rest of the year?

Might also be a good time for Max to take a 5 place penalty for changing parts.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 661 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

It could have been worse if it wasn't a sprint weekend he would have started at the back for the "proper" race

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Whats the best Hamilton can hope for in the sprint race, 10th maybe? Then with the penalty tomorrow you'd expect him to be starting somewhere in the bottom 5. He could also get caught up in some drama being that far down the grid for Sundays race

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

The only issue with that is with the triple header would RB have the applicable parts ready in Brazil?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Yeah they will! They’ll always have spare kit available to be able to make last minute decisions like that or on the event of a crash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That would not have been worse for them. That would have been better for them. He would have the whole race and pot strategy to catch up. But in the sprint race there is no pitstops and it's only 24 labs on a track that is hard to pass on so if he starts the race tomorrow in 15th or 16th he will be doing well. Any better and it's really good. I am delighted for them myself. They brought it on themselves.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

If I was Max or RB I’d not be taking any penalties by choice. Maximise this screw up by Merc, win the sprint race and be on pole for the main race tomorrow - bag a crap load of points.

Gasly now starting P4, be nice to see himself and Checo getting passed Bottas and having a Honda 1,2,3 on Sundays grid

Honestly would not be surprised now if Bottas is being told to be as aggressive as possible in the sprint vs. Max to the point of colliding. Would be perfect result for Merc if Max were to end up with damaged car and replacement parts tomorrow…

As much of a "yes" man as he is I don't think Bottas is that kind of driver. Bottas doesn't really do aggression, he seems fairly laid back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

All falling into Red Bull hands for both championships now. Drivers championship could be decided before last race.

But if his bonus is based on team playing and Lewis winning the championship 👀😂

• Registered Users Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Breaking News. Lewis to leave Mercedes at the end of the year after he falls out with them and go to Ferrari or back to Mclaren. I can just imagine it now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Toto: This is Bottas fault. He left a big gap for a second week in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,608 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Toto must have sent about 500 emails to Masi by now.

If Max so much as sneezes Toto will be reporting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The sprint race is at 7:30 isn’t it ? I’ve got a bit of time then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He would disgrace himself if he did that. Don't think Bottas is that kind of guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Some amount of whinging and crying in here about Mercedes and Hamilton.

They were always going to get disqualified, they did get disqualified, all these posts crying about how it was a joke that FIA were trying to find ways to let them off, or that they were using Verstappens actions as a get out of jail free card, such utter and unfounded rubbish that just shows how Hamilton is living rent free in some peoples heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭thefa

Bottas does not look far off the pace based and you’re having to go through him to regain 1st.

If he has a clean sprint and race from 1st he’s looking at a points gain over Hamilton that will put him well over a race win ahead with 3 to go with the pressure all on HAM. Great opportunity to all but clinch the title.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

This really. No decisions had been made but the hysteria was already into overdrive.

As it was said way earlier in the thread, this is a slam dunk penalty. However, Mercedes were always going to make every effort to limit the damage. Any team worth their salt would do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Merc not going to appeal the decision. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Decisions have been made, penalties have been applied. Let's get on with the build up to the sprint race.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

If the top 8 get away cleanly today then cannot see Lewis catching them

My prediction is Verstappen to score 28 points and Hamilton about 10 so another 18 points added to Verstappens lead.

Although Hamilton has nothing to lose in the sprint race. He could take risks. Worst case is he starts from back anyway.

Yes, as Lewis is behind he needs to take risks because he needs to get more points then max, but he can’t be completely reckless either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Short enough lap but it will be very interesting watching the Sprint from the front of the grid but also the Sprint from the back. Should be very interesting.

Id take the hint Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

There were no drivers on the grid and when he was doing a grid walk so he ended it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The Sprint races are usually fairly tame, maybe that will change today?

Advertisement