Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning and threat of site ban for post in Politics forum.

Options
  • 12-11-2021 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I wanted to raise a threat of a siteban over a single post that I made in the politics forum. At this stage I have not been banned.

The post in question was this one

I was accused of "trolling" and threatened with a site ban if this occurred again.

It is my sincere opinion that the thread in question is rife with anglophobia. I wasn't "trolling" in any way. I was making a sincere representation. I've no problem with anyone viewing that thread and disagreeing with my view of it. My view of it is what it is though.

Unfortunately, as a result of this I now feel rather unwelcome in this sub forum and as such I have decided to give it a wide berth in the future. I am rather concerned though at having this threat hanging over me in future like a sword of Damocles. I regard it as rather heavy-handed and very unpleasant.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Sue de Nimes

3 days and no response?

OK, thanks for letting me know where I stand. I won't be checking back on this thread.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

In the absence of any CMod for the Politics Category I will look at this for you

Could you post up the PM exchange with the mod. I presume you did try and resolve this directly with the mod in question?

Advertisement