Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atmos on Disney+ On AppleTV 4K

Options
  • 12-11-2021 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

Is it working for anyone else?

I thought Atmos support wasn’t available yet but discovered earlier that it had been on the app for ages.

I haven’t had any Atmos when streaming in 4K - has anyone else? Works fine on Apple stuff and Netflix

I know from another thread that it works on the xBox and I am wondering why it doesn’t in my Apple 4K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Shred

Yes, this has been working for me since 2018 without issue - I presume have you enabled it in settings?

Run a cable check also.

The sound is excellent for Atmos sources but I often have to turn it off for standard 5.1 sources as the audio can be quite muddy which is a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Thanks for responding.

I should have said in the original post that I use Airpods Max.

I contacted Apple support who went through sone troubleshooting and came to the conclusion that Disney+’s tvOS app isn’t compatible with Airpods Max.

They took note of it and I phoned Disney+ support who also took of this.

Hopefully they add the option soon. I should have mentioned it sooner as people here might also submit feedback - the more that do the sooner they fix it,

Advertisement