Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Vodafone Gigabox with Linksys router...

Options
  • 12-11-2021 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

I just switched from Eir to Vodafone for FTTH and I want to replace the Gigabox with a LinkSys WRT1900.

I can get the LinkSys to work fine but the problem is hooking up the Gigabox for VOIP. I had a look in the web console (expert mode) and I can't see anything about WAN interface configuration. It seems to be stuck with PPPoE. The status page shows:

FTTH-PPPoE PPPoE Enabled Enabled Up 02:52:29s

FTTH-IPoE DHCP Enabled Enabled Up 02:52:32s

Question is, is there any way to change the WAN interface config to use DHCP so I can hook it into the LinkSys? I also tried using the Gigabox in bridge mode but that doesn't help. Seems the Gigabox can only use the WAN interface for telephony.

Any suggestions on how to use the Gigabox for telephony only?

Thanks, Noel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Let say you’ll figure out about changing PPPoE to DCHP , do you know which ports to forward ?

I wonder if you add switch to ONT , could you establish 2 PPPoE connections, one for Giga second for LinkSys ( isn’t this router very old ? Surely Gigabox will outperform it for wireless speeds and coverage?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Hi Alec, I don't see any setting to change the WAN interface from PPPoE to DHCP. There's no configuration section for the WAN interface.

Adding a switch is an interesting idea. I could certainly try that.

Thanks, Noel.

Advertisement