Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separation

• 12-11-2021 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I moved out of my home and marriage last year.my husband pays the mortgage and I pay the Bill's as we have always done..I'm worried about losing my rights to half my home because I'm not paying mortgage.can anyone advise?

Best Answers

Stop paying the utility bills and pay half the mortgage instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

you should go to a solicitor, sounds like ye are married/together a long time.

don’t think you need to be paying anything to keep your claim.

if your kids aren’t living there anymore the house could be sold or he could could buy your half out.

if he won’t entertain that idea then your share will come through divorce proceedings or whatever route you go down.

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

You pay the bills for the house your husband lives in?

Depends on the circumstances?

Do ye have children?

Are you on the deeds and mortgage?

how much equity is there? Or is there any?

if the house is sold now then you would have half the equity or outstanding debt.

if the house is sold in 10 years you might have the share for the time you lived in it.

I don’t think you are entitled to half the home in 20 years after the mortgage is paid and you haven’t lived there.

if ye can’t agree that he buys you out, then if there are no kids you could probably get a judge to force it to be sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jane63

No children under 18....I pay the Bill's in the house even though im not living there..I'm afraid to stop paying in case it affects my right.yes deeds and mortgage in both names and lots of equity in house also

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jane63

Advertisement