Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fr. McCarthy

• 12-11-2021 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Okay, this is a long shot.

Does anyone remember Fr. Kevin McCarthy who served as Parish Priest of The Church of Our Lady of the Rosary on the Ennis Road in the late 1990's?

His name came up in conversation earlier today & I immediately remembered that he recorded an album of songs with another priest (Fr. Brian Boyle, I believe). He gave me a copy on cassette tape back in the day but that has long since disappeared.

I think it was released on a label called "Solas" & the first track on it was called "Where There's A Will" as far as I can remember but I can't be 100% sure on that - it was well over 20 years ago after all.

Does anyone remember the priest in question? Did anyone else happen to have a copy of the album or know where one can be found?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

I remember him, he baptised our second child in 1996. A very good person, a very nice person, who left the priesthood not long afterwards.

I don't have a copy of the album nor do I know where one could be found. Limerick City Citizens on Facebook is the sort of place where if you are looking for a needle in a haystack in Limerick, someone will find it for you.

Advertisement