Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Table

Options
  • 13-11-2021 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all!

I recently had my attic converted and was looking at the possibility of putting a snooker or pool table up there. It’s a big space so no issues with a 6 or 7ft table but I’ve been told that the cabinet would not fit up the staircase. I was wondering has anyone else ever come across a similar situation and how did they overcome it? I was also thinking that a 7ft snooker table might come in multiple pieces instead of the one piece slate or MDF bed normally offered up on pool tables. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Moved to a more suitable forum, hopefully you will get some advice here if you haven't already got your snooker table @leeds100 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I bought a house with a 7' pool table in it. Ours is a small spiral staircase that went in after the table went up. It was the pub type one with a coin operated push mechanism (bypassed obviously).

I got rid of it 18 months ago, other than taking the staircase apart and getting a bunch of lads to lower the slate down all for the sake of a few hundred quid second hand resale I had no real option but to take a sledge hammer to it and take it down piece by piece. That slate weighs an absolute tonne. It was a good inch thick and in one peice!

So I took a sledge and a circular saw to it and took it down piece by piece. It was the kind of thing that was cool to have in the upstairs bar, but after 5 years here I'd played about 2 games a year and all it was was clutter at that stage.

You might be at a different stage in your life with kids and mates etc so you may well get the use out of it.

This yoke has a 3 piece slate and legs that you might be able to detach

I'd say give the lads a shout and let them do the thinking if they want your money :) They're bound to have a solution for you.

Advertisement