Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW Full Gear 2021 *Spoilers*

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another AEW PPV that was great value for money and I can continue to say I have no regrets paying out my money for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Very good PPV, didn't watch all of it yet (the one nitpick I'd have is not every match needs to go 15-20 minutes with false finishes) but happy with all the results and looking forward a lot to, hopefully, Eddie heel turn and a push to the top when he cheats to win (think he'd make a great 2nd opponent for Page) and Omega costing Danielson his title shot somehow and a feud between the two of them.

On a general note, please for the love of god end OC/Hardy, the Inner Circle, and Bucks/JE-Christian

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

Once again with AEW i really enjoyed this ppv and thought the main event had an outstanding ending.

Although my highlight of the ppv had to be the crowd's reaction to Tay Conti swearing and audibly telling Reba & Hayter to "gtf outta here!" from the ring apron 😂 i like my babyfaces to have a lil fire in them 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hangman also audibly saying OH NO YOU DON'T MOTHERFUCKER during the main event with Kenny Omega?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Hangman should be beating Bryan clean to hand him his first lose and further build him up as the top guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hopefully. Someone like MJF or Cole to beat Hangman down the line and take the title off him is where they should go and you can have Danielson take it off them.

As for Eddie, I can't see him ever being at the main event outside of TV challenges. I'd hope he gets to hold the TNT title at some point and he can have 6/7 defenses there. He's too far down the order now for the main title imo. Even getting a shot at a PPV for that is a tall ask nowadays with the talent AEW has.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭ebbsy

One thing I like about AEW is the little video intro they do for some of the wrestlers. Its better than a 20 minute ringwalk.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I dont want to see Bryan losing clean yet, he's still too big a draw to lose clean in a one-off match after a tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's going to be tough to book the finish. Match itself will likely be great as it's two fantastic wrestlers but the finish is either going to be Hangman winning clean or something screwy interference wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭rodders999

Darby and MJF doing that 360 roll around was worth the price of the PPV alone. Outstanding.

• Advertisement

RE: The finish to Hangman & Danielson's eventual clashing for the AEW World Championship.

A 30 minute time limit draw/shake of the hands between both men.

Unless Danielson turns heel and absolutely upends the above scenario. But I can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Nah they did a draw with Omega-Danielson only a couple of months ago. Personally I'd have Hangman win but in a way that protects Bryan in so far as possible. What that would be I'm not too sure bar the usual attacked before the match scenario.

There's so many routes Tony could write it. It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds, especially with 2 huge fan favourites.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really have to say, Punk and Eddie was such an incredible match. Considering it had two weeks build, it felt like a proper blood feud. I hope they really go deep on it, especially with the heel Punk teases. Kingston has fast become one of my favorites out there. He feels "real", and the chemistry with Punk on the mic really impresses me.

Advertisement