Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So who has covid? Nov 2021

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,932 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

eskimohunt threadbanned

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Tested positive on Wednesday morning.

After feeling better last night I feel a bit of discomfort in back again and the bottom/back of my throat feels a bit horrible from the increased coughing over the past few hours and a bit more hoarse.

Did a lateral flow test and almost as soon as the sample hits the paper it's coming up as positive, thick red line so can' imagine I'm going to be in a position where I'm negative until at least mid next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

How long are folk awaiting pcr test results?

Did pcr friday afternoon no results yet...

Dying since Thursday (but getting better) positive antigen yesterday (weak line) but test were neg on thurs / fri...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The sore throat is definitely the worst thing for me, most severe one I ever had I would say. Gargling salt water and strepsils. Is there anything else effective I can try to ease it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Advertisement

Let's look at a POSITIVE.... I got positive antigen fri/26th early morning...... sleep/rest NEVER came easy to me but last couple of days been sleeping like a new born baby.....10straight hrs last night & I'm already thinking about an afternoon snooze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I have bad hay-fever and it seems to have kicked off with a bang since Friday. I cannot stop sneezing, literally a hundred times an hour, and my nose is stuffed up. Antigens negative so far thankfully. I'm fairly certain it's hay-fever.

I have also had prolonged close contact with 14 people who have tested positive in the past 10 days but I was wearing n95. But I also had 2 hours unmasked close contact with one person on Tuesday and Wednesday who tested positive a few hours later and is sick.

I'm really not sure where I stand in terms of isolating with the dramatic sneezing symptoms despite negative antigens. I can't isolate with hay-fever obviously or I'd never be able to go anywhere! But with the exceptionally high level of covid around at the moment I'm doubting myself and don't want to unnerve others I'm in contact with either.

More energy again today. Chesty cough but more clearing phlegm than anything.

My heart feels a bit funky though, a bit of tightness in that area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,636 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Is it worth taking to pharmacist about allergy spray etc..

I would imagine if that stops the sneezing and you are antigen neg its allergy.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

So to add to my post from last night, was feeling fine bar the stuffed nose after my positive test on Wednesday.

Got up at 7 am and went for a walk down Griffith Avenue as I figured it was safe early in the morning with nobody around and I had been locked up since Wednesday.

I would be fairly fit but about 10 minutes later I was totally out of breath with a pain in my chest.

Struggled back home to bed but have a bit of a cough now, a slight head ache and a general weak feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I've been to several immunologists with this over the years. I'm already on prescription antihistamine and sprays. I sometimes get the shot too. None of it works properly. I have many weeks like this every year with allergies. But in the context of covid it all seems more complicated unfortunately!

I walked to the shop and took out the bins and the tightness was getting worse.

Resting on the couch and I feel a lot better. I think it's another day of lying down for me. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

At least you sound sensible and realise covid is a possibility. Alot more would rule out covid and pass it off as allergies and continue on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Day 8 for me and feeling better but still have serious fatigue and blocked nose. No energy and Netflix is shite. Appetite is back I’m pleased to say but pain in lower back. Had negative test this morning and will do another test this evening. I want to get out tomorrow if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I got this thanks- im not the world’s greatest gargler so just be careful as I swallowed a little by accident and instantly threw up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭obi604

After avoiding Covid for 2 years, I finally got nabbed. I am triple vacced. First positive was an antigen on Saturday and then confirmed via PCR a few hours ago.

I don’t feel great, temps between 37 and 39, feeling hot and cold etc.

I am a full time home worker, what are the general rules around having Covid and feeling sh1te and working from home. Just turn up at desk and keep going is it.

Nothing special re covid just like any other illness if you cant work / concentrate then standard sick day process.

Have had a few wfh colleagues take sick days as floored by it.

Same as everyone else.....when it's a case of " man down", it's a case of " man down".......sure, to follow on with that logic anyone WFH would never get a sick day again

Yeah. Tis flooring me alright. Shivering and blowing hot and cold. No energy. Temps near hitting 40 yesterday

wouldn’t like to see how I’d be with no vaccine.

true. Understood.

but you know the perception sometimes with the whole working from home thing. Ah you’ll be grand, sure you can just sit at the desk at home and work away etc.

• Advertisement

Yep...... Mrs Mc Carthy was out for a couple of weeks in 2018 ( recovery from op)........that email " pingy" sound was forever in the background.

So now we all have covid...can we get this variant again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Of course, but your body will have learned to deal with it better,i feel more confident going forward if I don't get a 4th vaccine going forward for getting it, positive early Wednesday,functioning to the minimum till Friday evening after a few hours sleep Friday energy came back , back to work Saturday and Sunday, steps readout tell the story 3 to 5k, then 12 k Saturday and 15 today.

so you were out of action for 3 days yeah.

how have others been affected here?

I've had 4 jabs..now on 4th day of bit fceked with covid..mainly a sore throat and a bit of a hacky cough...I'm OK though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Outdoors, kept my distance, it was not possible to isolate from the kids while ill so ended up carrying on as usual, they are still negative so I think they must have had it before me without any symptoms.

• I took 3 days off last week. Mentally I wasn't capable to prepare effectively for meetings or focus on tasks properly.

I was walloped with all the symptoms, cough being the worst.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I tested positive on Wednesday early morning and generally symptoms progressively increased from there and peaked Saturday night and Sunday morning from what I can tell and how I read it at the moment.

I worked from home Wednesday and Thursday usual hours but had to call it quits at lunchtime on Friday was just felt too weak and had all the symptoms and was really struggling. Back to working from home again today (reduced hours) and hoping to go back to full hours from home tomorrow.

If Saturday and Sunday would have been working days there's no way I would have been working from home from them as too weak, but hopefully I am on downward slope now and the worst is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

2nd negative antigen this morning so had Covid for 8 days - symptoms from 19th march till now with symptoms now mainly no sense of smell, a blocked nose and fatigue. Chills, high temperatures, aches and pains and nausea gone - no cough or sore throat.

I did 4 hours of admin today and now on the couch whacked. I do think that the younger you are the better you recover and the lesser of the symptoms you have..

best of luck to you all

Got my positive antigen Fri.,26th AM..... laid up all weekend/ lots of Netflix .....find the fatigue to be the biggest symptom. Anyhow, managed 2hr walk with best doggies in Ireland this morn.....& that was the MAX! Not fit for owt rest of the day ...... just beat after that. The 'line' on the antigen test still very pronounced today.....'perhaps' a bit fainter than Fri but definitely still very clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

One thing this has taught me, that while the symptoms may be like a cold, this is definitely not a cold.

Thought I was back at 90% health yesterday....

Back at about 60% today...wrecked again...

• I'm the same. Tested negative yesterday after 8 days and I'm absolutely knackered today. Had more energy yesterday.

• Advertisement

I feel pretty good today. I went for a brief walk yesterday and felt fine. Today I have a lot more energy. I'll try go for another walk after work today.

So I tested positive on Monday the 21st. As of today, I'm still testing positive even though I feel a lot better.

What am I supposed to do, in this instance? Do I keep self isolating until I get a negative result?

Day7 today...I'm feeling ok..few if any symptoms yesterday and today...HSe site says in that case I'm out of jail tomorrow...however this morning still instantly positive on antigen..HSE site doesn't mention antigens...thoughts?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Just over 2 weeks after getting a +antig.

Felt OK after a week and clear antig 5 days in but the last few days I've been rough as boots. Chest and nasal infection. Tired and grumpy. I ignored my own advice pushed myself too much too soon.

It's a manky dose. A dirty sticky bomb of a dose. For some (me included) the symptoms weren't as severe as a flu but it's hard to put my finger on but this virus feels different. It sits deep in the system - physically and psychologically and it doesn't take much to re-agitate symptoms when you think it's dead and buried.

Filthy dose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Something about this seems to hit people in the second week and beyond. The first week tends to be a cold, and then that clears up, but then it lingers on in different ways. YMMV, but lots of people I know, and people posting here, seem to have that experience.

Still testing positive, though the line is very faint now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

My daughter is positive. Vomited and I tested. No fever, cough or cold. Other two have a cough and cold as do I for two weeks which is not covid as I tested us all lots, but he randomly vomited now so I imagine he'll test positive too soon. Anyone else finding it's a gastro illness? We have been whacked this year with coughs colds and vomiting bugs but I never imagined it'd be covid this time, would have expected a fever

New variant apparently is more gastro.

Any idea when that arrived?

I had gastro illness month ago but assumed it wasnt covid just sth I ate although I hadnt eaten out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

My daughter is on day three of a positive antigen and it's almost barely visible... If I didn't test her then I wouldn't have caught it.. After feeling sick and a single vomit I tested, I heard loads of cases of vomiting in the school over the last few weeks, I imagine some of it is Covid and people aren't testing / catching it. They also have had recent brutal vomiting doses that weren't covid. It's impossible to know based on symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Beanie5

Would definitely agree with that @eviltimeban

My toddler started coughing last week during her nap so we all decided to test. All positive. All it was for me was a bit of a sore throat, a sniffle for husband. All thought we were over it in a few days. Start of the second week husband went downhill and turns out he had a secondary bacterial chest infection and was put on antibiotics. Toddler has been hammered since - even had a night in A&E - bacterial URT infection, croup, UTI. Poor pet still isn't right. I'm down with the same secondary URT infection. Very nasty dose altogether.

On stomach bugs just watch out that hand gel doesnt kill norovirus. Need soap and water. Could be a factor as it seems to be back with a vengeance

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/health-news/norovirus-symptoms-six-signs-watch-26624394

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

So had symptoms this day last week , negative antigen but felt like **** , went for PCR on Thursday and results came back late Friday that the PCR was inconclusive and to retest which I did on Sunday.

Mean time I got a positive antigen and no surprise positive PCR result on Monday.

So into this a week and still a very light line on antigen test. Symptoms wise it’s all in my chest , shortness of breath and coughing fits . Even walking up the stairs has me breathless.

I had asthma as a kid and grew out of it but but covid seems to have given me very similar symptoms even to the point I needed to get an inhaler from GP , really struggling for breath.

Glad I am fully vaccinated because I recon i would have been a hospital case if I wasn’t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

think i have it too, flu like symptoms my nose is like a dripping tap - where can i get a covid test kit, a chemist?

• Advertisement
Advertisement