Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic 200mm Insulation Top Up and Walkways - €400 SEAI Grant - Worth It?

Options
  • 15-11-2021 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondering has anyone got this done, i have a 90s house myself im looking to get this insulation topped up in.

Im thinking of doing it myself but you cant get the €400 grant unless you get a contractor to do it.

Also, you have to do a BER cert to be eligeble for the grant which is approx €150, leaving you just €250 better. (Provided your not doing any other works which I am not)

Im unsure how much a contractor is, but im sure doing it by yourself, you will be a good bit better off money wise?

Also, can anyone recommend how you can put walkways above top up insulation if this insulation is meant to be above the rafters, and not pushing it in?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement