Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo - US Pace - Paramount+ (***Spoilers***)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,713 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Its mad how people still don't have the cop on or have the hubris to think they can do their own interpretation of a much loved IP. Like just stick to the core lore and feel of the original. The fall of Reach episodes were great because they felt like Halo but the rest was muck. It wasn't Rings of Power level bad but I still watched with the same feeling that I would be a better TV executive than the people who signed off on the glaring red flags in these shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Homelander

Season 2 was a big improvement on Season 1. But it was still stuck with the problem of crap b-plots dragged over from Season 1.

It's not so much that it wasn't based on the games. And having said that, obviously the games present a ready made, classic and rock solid sci-fi story.

But original shows are made all the time and of extremely high quality. The Halo TV show could've gone a completely different direction and still have been a good TV show in its own right with decent writers.

But it wasn't. It was crammed full of awful storylines and horrible filler, making up to 50% of the season, that weren't compelling, well executed, well scripted or just generally interesting in the slightest.

I mean look at Fallout. Yes, it's very faithful to the general game lore, but it's nothing whatsoever to do with the storyline of the games, it's a fully original story the writers came up with.

There's no reason for how bad the Halo TV show turned out, and really not being faithful to the games isn't the biggest problem is has, not even close.

Am I happy it's cancelled, no, but I'm not surprised.

One look at Neil Blomkapf's Halo Landfall, or even the ODST and Reach live-action ads, and you get a far better idea of what a Halo TV show should've been in terms of style and tone, even if it radically departed from the storyline in the games.

Advertisement