Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KILDARE - Are you an older Rock Drummer/Guitarist into 70s rock to form a new CLASSIC ROCK BAND ?

• 16-11-2021 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Seeking older SEASONED rock/pop KILDARE musicians to form a "KicK-Ass" CLASSIC ROCK BAND (1970s /1980s covers) to play and gig locally.

MUST BE A GOOD PLAYER ! ... (musicians aged 40s to 60s approx .. and a 70s rocker at heart as your preferred musical genre !)

NAAS/CLANE/NEWBRIDGE area plus environs. I am a 59 y/o pro guitarist/bassist to form AC/DC, Bad Company, Zep, Lizzy, Bryan Adams, Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Free, Crowded House, Queen, Quo, Steve Miller, Eagles and other Rock Classics style rock band. Ambition to do a paying gig on a weekly or fortnightly basis locally. It must be enjoyable and none of the stress I remember from my years of playing in bands ! Plan is to meet like minded age contemporary musicians with a view to enjoyment of rehearsing initially and then hopefully making a little extra cash (in a post Covid 2022).

Need experienced musicians: 1. BASSIST 2. DRUMMER 3. GUITARIST If this appeals to you, just send me a brief note about you, and your instrument !

Looking forward to hearing from you !

KEV (Naas area)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ROCK-KILDARE

BELOW IS THE FIRST DRAFT OF THE SET LIST PLANNED.

SEEKING A LINE-UP TO PLAY CLASSIC ROCKS HITS FROM THE 70s/80s. REQUIRED ... 1. DRUMMER 2. BASS PLAYER 3. GUITARIST

(to form 4 pce band)

Can you play these CLASSIC ROCK hits ?

BELOW: SET LIST 1. ... 15 SONGS LISTED (phase 1)

ALRIGHT NOW / Free ... DON'T STOP ME NOW / Queen ... SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE / Rainbow ... IT'S ONLY LOVE / Bryan Adams ... SHARP DRESSED MAN / ZZ Top ... HERE I STAND / Queen ... MORE THAN A FEELING / Boston ... DOWN DOWN / Status Quo ... HIGHWAY TO HELL / ACDC ... SOMEBODY TO LOVE / Queen ... KEEP ON ROCKIN ME BABY / Steve Miller ... BACK IN BLACK / ACDC ... ADDICTED TO LOVE / Robert Palmer ... DON'T THINK IT'S OVER / Crowded House ... BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN / Thin Lizzy ...

Do the above listed tracks "rock your boat" ?

All the best !

KEV

BELOW IS PHASE 2 (next batch of CLASSIC ROCK covers)

The next list of CLASSIC ROCK songs (Phase 2 of SET) THAT'S 20 MORE CLASSIC ROCK SONGS BELOW: (35 thus far !)

SMOKE ON THE WATER / Deep Purple ... CHINATOWN / Thin Lizzy ... THE WALL / Pink Floyd ... CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOUR LOVE / Bad Company ... WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS / Queen ... DON'T BELIEVE A WORD / Thin Lizzy ... IS SHE REALLY GOIN OUT WITH HIM / Joe Jackson ... FOOLED AGAIN / Tom Petty ... EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD / Tears for Fears ... JUST WHAT I NEEDED / The Cars ... MONEY / Pink Floyd ... HYSTERIA / Def Leppard ... JAMIE'S CRYIN / Eddie Van Halen ... HOTEL CALIFORNIA / The Eagles ... PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC / Wild Cherry ... THE ROCKER / Thin Lizzy ... TAKE IT EASY / The Eagles ... THE ONE AND ONLY / Nick Kershaw ... SINCE I'VE BEEN LOVIN' YOU / Led Zeppelin ... ROXANNE / The Police

Can you play this stuff ?

How good a player are you ?

Regards,

KEVIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Williamcon11

Hello kev ihope im not to late responding to your ad i have been playing much of your material with a band called Late shift mainly in the meath dublin area. willing to rehearse and prepared to travel.Full kit transport im am 60 years old very instrested in your band.regards Billyi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 mac456

PM sent

• Advertisement

Hi Billy,

Indeed you are NOT too late ! .... Send me your mobile by PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This idea of a 70s CLASSIC ROCK BAND is in it's early stage for 2022. I envisage 4 or 5 highly proficient (Aged 40s to 60s) musicians who can play better than the song's originators.

BASS plus KIT and UP TO 3 x GUITARISTS. All must be HIGHLY CAPABLE (with vocals where possible !).

The "Set" above in previous messages is NOT written in stone. It's just my idea of what a "band following" would perceive as the quintessential sublime CLASSIC ROCK BAND songs of the 70s and early 80s, would play.

The idea is that we ALL must be like-minded, age contemporaries, no egos (anymore) and ****-HOT as a band ! ... Better than the original !

FOR THOSE WATCHING THIS BOARDS AD POST as at Nov 2021 ....

For those other musicians currently viewing this BOARDS ad, a list of your equipment would be appreciated and disclose your age/location and experience ! You just might be that player required to complete the line-up ! So reply to this ad ASAP.

Below is an INVENTORY of MY GUITARS (Kev) for stage:

------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Fender USA Stratocaster 1988
    2. Takamine EG523 Jumbo 12 String Acoustic
    3. Ernie Ball "Original" STINGRAY 4 string BASS 1991
    4. 6 string Takamine / Jasmine Acoustic 1989
    5. Marshall MD 100 watt guitar amp

All the best !

Regards

KEVIN

HELLO to all you 70s rock musicians OUT THERE !

It might just mean going for 1 pint or a coffee to meet and then to discuss ! OR, on an individual basis, come to my house for a ONE 2 ONE session. I'll play guitar or bass and you can play bass or guitar ! We will use a drum machine as backing and achieve a swift assessment as to our joint musical capabilities and see if we are like-minded !

I live half way between NAAS and CLANE in Kildare.

All the best !

KEV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

PM Sent regarding this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 galster

hey - mid 50s guitarist. gigged in band that played hard 1970's, 80's rock acdc, lizzy, zep, rory, floyd, etc. also more modern rock like foo fighters, radio head, maiden....im not the greatest but solid as a rock and can learn most stuff lead wise, more angus than steve vai. decent backing vox and 20 plus years gigging experience. happy to travel and practice. good gear (LP, strat, teles and old school amps and pedals). our long time band just disbanded but im not ready to hang up my guitars yet.!! your set list is spot on - couple of questions - vocals on the list are key, is that you? do you have players i.e. drums/bass.

Hi Galster,

Thank you for your 15.2.22 reply. Apologies for delay in responding.

Now that Covid is abating, I am hoping to get some more responses to this ad. You sound like the perfect guitarist candidate.

I am a 60 y/o .. bass player first, a high calibre guitarist second (with 35 yrs using LPs and USA Strats) with a few years being a lead vox too. Lots of experience in the area of engineering on DAWs. There are a few excellent potential drummers who have responded thus far.

The question of LEAD VOX in the band will be addressed as musicians apply. My expectation is that a HIGH quality band can be achieved with A1 vox between 3 guitarists and 1 bass player. Don't need the ego of a "standalone" lead vocalist .... this is about the songs, the kit, the use of the guitars and the vibe and ultimately my wife's vision of "the perfect night out for 20 euro entrance fee" ! But the band has to good ... really good!

Can I ask you how far away you live from NAAS, CO. KILDARE ?

You can PM your response to me .. if you don't want the world to see your answer !

STILL LOOKING FOR ANY HIGH QUALITY BASS PLAYERS OUT THERE !!!!!

Best regards

KEVIN (Naas Co. Kildare)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 colm wade

Hi Kev,I'm a 59 year old guitarist with plenty of experience playing in bands.I can play most of the songs you put on your set list.Can sing a few songs but better with backing vocals.Great band gear,Gibson Custom, Prs,73 Marshall head with 2x12 Marshall cab.Hope to hear from you my phone no,0892675940 cheers Colm.

ROCK-KILDARE March 13 2022

FINAL CALL - MARCH 2022

KILDARE AREA ... Naas Clane Newbridge ... and surrounding environs MUSICIANS WANTED

CLASSIC ROCK BAND - Mature Seasoned Musicians - 70s 80s ROCK COVERS BAND (High Calibre Level Musicality)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are a HIGH CALIBRE musician in your 30s 40s 50s 60s ... and your favourite musical genre is 70s rock, and you are a:

BASSIST or KEYS PLAYER or GUITARIST

Please peruse all notices and correspondence in THIS BOARDS AD to date. If you are interested in being a player and taking part in this CLASSIC ROCK 70s 80s BAND, please register your interest by contacting me ASAP.

This AD will be shutdown and deleted on 24th March 2022 as final closing date.

Looking forward to hearing from you !

KEVIN (Naas Co. Kildare)

AD CLOSED / WITHDRAWN

Advertisement