Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Damage

• 16-11-2021 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

My partner spilled water on her Asus Vivobook S14 and we did the recommended... Turned it off & left it to dry out.

We turned it on the next day and it was working fine.. Then a couple of days later, its stopped working.

When I hit the power but, the led does light up.. But i'm not sure if there is power running through the board or not. I notice the fan isnt spinning.. I'm trying to suss out if it its worth repairing or not. i.e Does it sound like it could be the motherboard that's damaged?

Thanks

Comments

doesn't sound good.

could have shorted something.

motherboard too expensive to be worth replacing usually.

stick it in a big bag sealed with tape opened out with loads of rice (2 kg maybe) over it in the hot press for a week more and if it doesn't work then maybe bring it to some repair place that might give you a quote at no charge if still not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Craig_David

Thanks. Yah I really hope its not the motherboard. Its been drying out over a week so I think any moisture is gone by now.

I'm going to bring it to a repair shop tomorrow. Hopefully they can work some magic.

Advertisement