Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem iwth phone app

Options
  • 16-11-2021 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

I am trying to buy something online. I have been told to swipe the phone app on the log in page. But all i get is a message saying no approvals waiting even though there is a small 1 in red next to the app symbol. Why won't your app let me approve a payment.

Comments

• same for me.. never seen it actually give me a thing to swipe, I just cancel and redo the payment and it works fine then don't get asked to approve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I am sorry to hear this. Could I ask you to take a look at this link below to ensure you are following all the necessary steps when approving a transaction. If the difficulty persists, please clear cache on your app(android users only, restart your phone and attempt the transaction again. For iOS users, please force close the app and restart your phone.

https://www.bankofireland.com/sca/

For further assistance, please call our Strong Customer Authentication(SCA) team on 0818200370. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Trying to get transfer money to my Revolut account but am getting a message to approve it on the boi app but there is no way to do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you have followed the steps outlined by my colleague please call our SCA Team on 0818200370 and an adviser will be happy to help.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Same thing happening any time i want to make a payment, when i do get to approve all i get is 'Sorry, Card Transaction Declined.' Then when I go back to BOI app it says 'No approvals waiting'

Can ye fix this please, so frustrating!!

Spent almost an hour on something that should take three minutes!

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am sorry to hear this. Could I ask you to take a look at the below link and ensure you're following all these steps when making a purchase online sing your card please.

If the difficulty persists, please call our SCA team on 0818200362. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ABreen31

I've been trying to complete an online purchase, and as with previous posts, all I get is "please approve through the app". When i do this, i get a "transaction declined" message. I've also tried to tansfer funds to my Revolut, and the same thing is happening. And now I'm on hold waiting to talk to a person. Come on BoI, get yor act together, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ABreen31

And when, after 20 minutes on hold, I get transfered to another section, and then cut off. Top notch customer service, BoI, top notch.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am very sorry to hear this. Could I ask you to take a look at this link please and ensure you are following all these steps. If you are using an android phone, please clear the cache on the app, restart your phone and attempt the transaction again. For iOS users, please force close the app and restart your phone.

We would also recommend removing saved card details from Revolut before doing these things and then readd the details once you have completed the steps.

The team can be reached directly on 0818200362. They will be happy to help once they are available.

Thanks, Megan

Advertisement