Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas presents for toddlers

Options
  • 16-11-2021 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

I have to buy presents for two toddlers (one male, one female) for about €35 each. I have already gotten some personalised Christmas decorations.

I’ve been told no toys, no books and no clothes. I’m trying to be practical but I am really stuck.

I was thinking about something like this because it’s practical but I’m not sure. https://www.littlelife.com/en-ie/products/toddler-daysacks/fire-engine-backpack

Also can’t get anything that will possibly make any form of mess like paints, crayons, crafts, etc. because they will go in the bin straight away.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭cbreeze

If their parents have no suggestions, how about some prize bonds. They can be bought as gifts and when they are older they can cash them in and buy what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Did that when they were christened. It was not appreciated. I was told that cash would be preferable. Cash to buy nappies is always requested but they’re well off and I know that it won’t go to the kids, so I’m slow to give it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Are the kids not allowed to make a mess?

No toys, books or clothes really limits you. I can't really think of anything else for a toddler. Tickets for the zoo? Are you related to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Jesus Christ those parents sound like a nightmare.

That bag is cute and useful. I'd go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Chocolate. €70 of chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Not enough E numbers in that 😅 plus the parents sound like type that would eat it themselves 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

No mess allowed at all. Seriously, the house is in show house condition and there isn’t a hope of giving them anything fun. Got them Duplo as first birthday presents and I haven’t seen it since.

They’re my in-laws, but I get the job of buying presents.

I’m so tempted to get a mountain of chocolate but the parents would definitely eat it.

The tickets are a great idea and I’ll put them on the list for next year. They live in Cork, so Fota would be perfect.

I’ll actually be grey by the time I’m done with them…

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pistachio19

I wouldn't bother my backside buying for them at all. The parents are being ridiculous dictating what you cant buy, turning their nose up at prize bonds, and clearly not saying what they would actually appreciate. Do a charity donation to a children's charity in their names. If the parents turn their nose up at that then it says a lot about them!

Better still leave it to your other half to sort their side of the family for all gifts from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Maybe a few bottles of good wine.!!! I'm sure the parents would appreciate that.

I'd stick with the prize bonds. Those children will need running away money if the parents continue in this fashion. Just make sure they can't be cashed by the parents. Ignore them if they protest.

Advertisement