Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent allowance

• 16-11-2021 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi guys, I try to be quick.

In bad situation in terms of rent. Not entitled to Social Housing so can't get HAP.

Been desperately trying to figure something out. I contacted my local TD who said I should get in touch with my local intreo office.

He said we might get rent allowance. We will be means tested. Were both working but low end of income.

I thought rent allowance was gone? Is anyone else on this? And know what the limit is? Were in the Dublin area. All the office's are closed and don't want to get my hopes up.

Just like to know anyone else got it

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

You are only eligible for Rent Supplement if you are a genuine (bona fide) tenant and meet one of the following conditions:

• You were getting Rent Supplement in the 12 months before the date of your application.
    • You were living in private rented accommodation for at least 6 months (183 days) of the last 12 months, you could afford the rent at the beginning of your tenancy and you are unable to continue to pay the rent because of a substantial change in your circumstances which occurred after you started renting. You can combine time living in more than one rented accommodation to satisfy the 6 months (183 days).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Thanks. Of course I'm not entitled to it. Due to us working full time. I explained this to the TD before he sent me on to them, of course he just trying to fob me off.

Great country this is, two people working full time on the verge of homelessness and the government won't help in anyway.

I been told when we become homeless you become the charity's problem, one less thing for the Government to deal with it.

So glad me and my partner worked full time during the pandemic for this.

Advertisement