Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consequences of Susi Decision After Late Oct

Options
  • 17-11-2021 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I would have deferred immediately, if I knew I was not going to be approved by Susi, given my financial situation. I finally received a letter from Susi, but it was after late Oct(last week), so I am now liable for nearly 2,000 euro in fees. I am going to defer because I don't think I'll be approved a loan for the full year. So far, we've only taken one test and submitted one essay.

University pretty much said "too bad the decision came so late. If the decision came the last week of Oct, you wouldn't be in so much debt to us. Now, pay up". I'm curious to know if it's possible to challenge how much I owe, given I wasn't expecting to be denied Susi and Susi decisions were delayed due to covid.

Advertisement