Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota bz4X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭petronelduca

This would go in total contradiction with the emails from Toyota in Aug and just a few days back, about production stop/restart.

As well as that, they are talking about fixing an airbag related issue too. If some cars are in Cork waiting.....how would these be fixed? Are they not affected at all? If not in the lot affected, why did they just not delivered them?

Not clear at all what is going on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vimalandrew

Its all a lie. Only thing is that Toyota is pressurised from some sources not to reveal this EV into market because currently Toyota is selling the largest number of cars in Ireland, US and world. And it appears that 90 percent of the Irish taxi drivers are going to book Bz4x. Because of this overwhelming response and the fact that this is an SUV like RAV4, they had to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭innrain

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭HTCJoeSoap

I saw a few posts from UK buyers who say they've been told that Toyota UK dealers will be getting the new parts at the end of October and will have cars ready for around the first week of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I heard it was space lizards came back on one of Elon Musk's SpaceEx rockets and now they work for him and they've taken over Toyota HQ so they don't release the car until Musk launches a Tesla SUV for the Rothschilds. What do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

The local TOyota dealer said mid-November to expect the BZ$X to be back in the showrooms for sales persons to deal with.

I pulled out my deposit for a BZ$X menawhile and going a different direction...

Wow thats a good news. I am waiting patiently to see my beauty beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TomD1

There were a number of BZ4X's in the Toyota compound on the Kileen Road a few weeks back. If you take a spin down the New Nangor Road you can see them if they are still there. I was told by my dealer they were there in June / July.

Okay. so as per the email from Toyota Ireland, we can expect a call from our dealer that our vehicle can be collected at the end of next ...next... week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MarkK1986

I've been told by my dealership in Dublin that the first batch is landing on the 11th of November so I'm hoping to collect mine a week later. Still silence on the finance though, I want them to honour the trade in quoted in July. I've stayed loyal so it would be nice if the favour is returned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭petronelduca

I don't see a reason not to hold their part of the deal. The delay is not due to you, and in the meantime, the second hand market does not seem to go down on the prices.

In other markets (USA) they're offering crazy incentives to keep people not to sue them for holding their cars for so long, in the side of the road. It is true, the cars were delivered, but nevertheless, that quote they offered you at the time is binding enough to allow you to go to court against them, should they not keep their end of the deal.

Post edited by petronelduca on

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭society4

anyone else been given 11th nov as a delivery date…..i ordered last April and haven’t heard anything …

Guess what's arrived into Malones Toyota Drogheda...?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cj8ZV4UI6oT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Stunning …that’s the colour I chose… can’t wait to get it now !

I'm calling in on Saturday afternoon to see it.

please post few pics and what you thought of it .

Yeah, I'll def post a few pics, I did get sit in it over in the UK earlier in the summer, but I need sit in it again as a refresh.

It's not actually in Malone's Toyota Drogheda itself, the Bz4x will be at the Drogheda Motor Show at Laurence Gate for today only, so I'll be heading over to it shortly.

Ok, got to see and sit in the BZ4X today at the Drogheda Motor Show at Laurence Gate.

There's good news and BAD NEWS.

The good news is that the car is fab and has the best interior out of all the other EV's I got to sit in... MG4, MG ZS, Kia Niro EV, Cupra Born and Kia EV 6.

Although they're all lovely cars too especially the Niro EV and the two MG's, but the MG sales guy said if ordering today you won't receive it till July or August 2023.

There were a few BMW IX's there but wasn't allowed sit on them.

The bad news is that the sales guys from Malone's Toyota Drogheda said there will be only four BZ4X's arriving into Ireland before Christmas and the one on show today was the only one in the country at the minute.

And those who currently have one on order will get theirs in March 2023.

So unless you're one of the lucky four, you won't get yours till the springtime.

But they did say that all Toyota dealers will be getting one base model of the BZ4X each to use as a demo test drive car in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Just as a note - I'm 6ft 5", but I had plenty of headspace and legroom which I was worried about.

Looks lovely…gosh I thought the cars would be arriving in the 11th nov…

Toyota is doing all kinds of circus not to get this car into market. Since they know the impact it will cause in US market where RAV4 is the most selling SUV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Untill they fall off again.

Had a look at it today in Drogheda, thought it was nice but a tad clunky in the front.

Am sure they will sell by the boat load over here but I wouldn't buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The plastic trim around the wheels on the arches looks awful and I'm not a fan of the driver display, looks like something that someone in the 80s imagined what the future would look like.

Nearly a full sized keyboard on the steering wheel with all the buttons!!

It could be the way the photo is framed but the driver area looks to be extremely cramped.

After having a small amount of that black shiny plastic on the ID3 the centre console will be a fingerprint and dust magnet. Get it wrapped in another material pronto and it'll look way better.

Yeah, I plan to get the centre console vinyl wrapped in a faux carbon fibre look which should make it look better.

To be honest, I don't fully believe what I was told yesterday by the Toyota guys. I think the info that they have is sketchy at best and I was asking the Toyota guy if the Bz4x arriving in March would have the 11kw onboard charger, but he looked at me like he didn't know what I was talking about and I'm not actually sure he knew what an onboard charger is. I stopped asking him questions because I realised I knew more about the spec and real world range of the car than he did.

I thought I will get the car by December at least. Now all hopes are shattered. Toyota should keep some dignity. this is terrible. I was eagerly waiting to drive this beauty beast.

On some Facebook pages, people in UK/wales are getting their cars on 28th Oct and another on the 30th so I think they will arrive here very soon.

The BZ3 was officially announced today, it could worth waiting to see if this comes to Europe and Ireland next year as it uses the much better LFP blade batteries and has a much bigger range. Interesting it'll have the same drag coefficient as the Ioniq 6.

I bet nothing is going to come in the near future. This is because Saudi has sided with Russia to make U S in trouble. Oil producing countries are afraid so the announced truck from tesla is also not going to come in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,422 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Advertisement