Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota bz4X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

@ 2:12 😲

but there are a couple of key

differences between the Toyota and the

Subaru for one we at fully charged were

actually invited to drive the Subaru

whereas Toyota don't really speak to us

and In fairness this may have something

to do with Robert's tireless commitment

to calling out there self-charging

hybrids marketing stick for what it

really is a load of deceptive hot gas

or something to do with our calling out

of Toyotas willful spreading of anti-ev

misinformation or calling out their CEO

for literally being one of the biggest anti-ev lobbyists in the world  

looks like theres going to be a whole new platform anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Must be something wrong with it then as they are a very efficient car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

A few weeks ago I had to scrap my mothers 2012 Toyota Yaris because the engine was shot and needed a complete re-build or a new engine……(confirmed independently by 3 different mechanics). Apparently there is a serious issue with the Toyota 3 pot 1L engine used in that vintage of Yaris….

So the ‘Toyota’s are bulletproof’ saying is a thing of the past…

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vimalandrew

Finally, today I got confirmation from the dealer that my bz4x will be delivered approx mid march to end of march. They are going to recalculate the amount of my current car. Any way long wait ends.

Post edited by vimalandrew on

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭society4

That’s good news…I ordered mine last April so hope I hear soon….I hope they honour my trade in…but doubt it..

• Advertisement

How much is the on the road price for the base spec BZ4x?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭society4

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Insane to buy this over the cheaper and superior Model Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭petronelduca

What makes you state the model Y, the base one, is far superior to the Sport version of Bz4x?

You should push for at least the value they've offered at the time, regardless of the extra miles you put on the car, unless this is out of norm.

The prices for used cars, are gone up, alot, since last April, at least in my case, where we have a CHR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Faster charging, more space, less ugly (but still no looker), better software, more technology included, most likely available quicker, more efficient and it's own supercharger network. It's also cheaper.

Oh and the wheels stay on.

I don't own a Tesla before you think I'm a fanboi.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,067 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Congratulations.

Looking forward to an update when you get behind the wheel.

In Ireland, they now give only the mid sport model and for me it is 50k. Now for new orders, they increased around 6k.

Also, a showroom demo model is available to buy in carzone from Cork and they mention the price as 54k. If toyota is not taking more orders for bz4x, new customers can look. Is it unethical and immoral to price a used car 54k which is worth only 50k during the time of its delivery. Or is it the way business works?

Post edited by vimalandrew on

It's just a car but it happens to be in short supply.

They can advertise it at any price.

A prospective buyer is free to buy or not.

IMO there are no ethical or moral implications.

Faster charging - a big point if you need this

More space - you've probably did not sit in a Bz4x yet, so your pint is not valid

Better software-you are correct for the looks perspective , but this is not one of my reasons to buy a car. Reliability wise..... ahem..... far from it.

You have presented no valid points in the favor of the model Y, other than your own biased view.

Oh, and the wheels..... no wheel fell off of any Bz4x. This was just a possibility, which Toyota addressed before it actually happened.

Have a great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Your a real fan boi aren't you?

Titan gave you his opinion, which you asked for and because it doesn't fit your own narrow view, you rubbish his opinion.

Go get your new car and enjoy it.

Not at all,

I'm actually trying to get some proper opinions, based on actual facts, but it seems this is a bit more difficult than expected.

Off topic, in general, passive aggressive attitude is not helpful for constipation, FYI.

And I hope to enjoy the car, if I'll ever get it, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭innrain

Not sure if you own or drive EVs at the moment. I do 2 (Hyundai and Tesla) since 2019 and from experience few things are quite important in EVs which is different from ICE ownership

Faster charging - a big point if you need this

It is actually a very big point. Even as slow charging most modern cars would charge at 11KW while BZ charges at 6.6 kW. Charging speed aside the inability to match most of the industry tells that the tech used is dated. While you may claim that it doesn't matter when others charge 67% faster than your car, I think it tell the story of a dud.

More space - you've probably did not sit in a Bz4x yet, so your pint is not valid

No point in arguing. Check this out https://www.carsized.com/en/cars/compare/tesla-model-y-2021-suv-vs-toyota-bz4x-2022-suv/front/

Better software-you are correct for the looks perspective , but this is not one of my reasons to buy a car. Reliability wise..... ahem..... far from it.

Software in modern cars is a key component and should be a reason when deciding what car you're buying. As I said I own 2 EVs one Hyundai Kona 2019 and one Tesla 3LR. While the Kona is a brilliant car its software is lacking 90% of the features Tesla has. As an example it does know its current state of charge but it doesn't do anything with it. It is as dumb as the fuel gauge from a petrol car. Tesla will tell you you can't reach the destination and suggest you where to charge. Integrating with its own charging network makes long and very long drives a simple point and shoot. With Kona I have to plan carefully. From what I've seen so far the software in Toyota is kinda like in the Kona which it is unacceptable for 2023. All the other manufacturers have better implementations to date. Tesla software updates nearly every month OTA bringing improvements. Other manufacturers still take years to push an update, you mae need to a dealer for it and sometimes it takes hours to do it.

Reliability you don't know. It is first EV from Toyota and if you base your opinion on Prius and the other HEV family forget it. It is a completely different tech and they have absolutely no experience with it as shown by the 2 point I made above. From what happened in the last weeks it seems Toyoda is retiring because of his unwillingness to cop on with the times. Toyota wants to develop a new EV platform as the current one based on ICE platform it is too expensive . So BZ might be the only EV produced on the current platform which one can read like this "we're kiling it as it is not good enough" Also 10k price difference it is no small feet.

All valid points, and I take them on board.

What I'm trying to bring to the table is the fact that we all have different circumstances in using evs.

I sold my ev 1.5 years ago after a 5 year ownership, doing 25k per year.

I NEVER had to use a fast charger in 5 years. NEVER, albeit it was a small Leaf with a 24kwh battery.

To be honest, considering the price of the kwh at a fast charger, if that one is used on each trip one makes.... it brings the price per km to be more expensive than an ICE vehicle.

I for one, I could not care less about the software a car uses, as long as I get heat, music and clear windscreen, inside and outside.

I would not buy an EV where I have to drive with the heat off in the winter to only bring the defogger on every now and then.... That's killing the whole pleasure of this experience. But that's just me.

In any event, thank you for your feedback.

I just hope Tesla will keep their quality levels and the lower prices for the future.

I saw a silver bz4x yesterday in Tallaght. When I saw it in Clondalkin lst week from the back, it didnt look very good. But from sides, it looks very good and lengthy like a VW ID4.

• Advertisement

They aren’t a bad looking car, but that plastic trim around the wheel arches looks absolutely fcuking horrendous….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

I saw a Rav 4 with similar trim on the arches, another car also, I forget the make but what I noticed was the trim was ''connected to the sill'' it looked ok IMO, not a deal breaker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭micks_address

its not wheel arch trim on the bz4 though.. the front looks terrible with what they have done.. basically replaces the front wing of the car with black moulded plastic... sort of can get away with it on darker colours..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Not bad looking? Are we looking at the same photo?

I'm basically seeing a 2022 pontiac aztec

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

If you lived in America, or somewhere like Australia, the Aztek was great if you were an outdoors type person with the various tent attachments. They're still popular I think because of that. But not a looker alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Saw one locally in the flesh the other day. That rear window has a sharp slope to it, probably eats into any bulky cargo space you would have had with it being a liftback style boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I love a hilariously ridiculous car more than most. However the aztec was just a mismatch of triangular corners and gormless lack of style. Same as the bz4xev. Although at least the tires stayed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

That car is simply hideous on the outside and cheap looking on the inside, maybe without the plastic wheel arches it would look slightly better though.

Even a Tesla Model 3 has 25% more cargo space than the Bz4X.

The Model Y? It has 89% more cargo space than the Bz4X... (or 378% more cargo space depending on how it's measured)

The Model Y is cheaper, faster top speed, faster to 100km/h, charges faster (AC & DC), has better software, is more efficient, has it's own private fast charging network in Ireland, a service department that will come to you for 99% of small jobs, is the most popular car in Europe, has no optional extras (everything comes as standard), gets regular OTA updates & makes fart noises.... but a lot of folk will still have the Bz4x over it because Toyota were once very good at making ICE cars and 'Self Charging Hybrids'... the mind boggles....

• Advertisement

Yes I'd say the light colour doesn't help.

The front arches are a bit OTT.

On the other hand the NCT crew won't have any bubbles to burst with their screwdrivers.

Advertisement