Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota bz4X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭petronelduca

For the mid March cohort, are there any updates?

I assume, if that is the delivery date, the cars should be on the way for a while now, so maybe the dealers have given some updates to some of us?

My one gave me none.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vimalandrew

They will be here on March for sure. Mine was also on March. But last week dealer said they have a spare one available from December delivery and I just thought take it. I am going to collect it today. Color is not interesting, actually I booked precious metal. It comes under PCP scheme, I am paying around 57,000 in 4 years including final price for the 50000 car. Since they have increased price by 6000 or something and grant may not be available next time, I may not be able to purchase another after few years.

I think the hire purchase charge of 6000 euros and APR of 6 percent is a little bit high.

Thank you your thoughts.

I wish you a smooth purchase and to absolutely enjoy the car.

I agree the interest percentage is very high compared to others @5.9%, considering is for PCP.

Looking at my current PCP with them, I see I have 3.9% which is significantly lower.

Did the dealer kept the selling price the same AKA 50K for the Sport version?

Also, did you have a trade in or it is the 1st purchase from them?

Thank you very much and apologies for so many questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭society4

Told 16th March delivery and add a week to register etc …..can’t wait to get it

I got my car. Driving is very good. Very fast. Pressing the accelerator looks a little bit hard compared to my previous yaris. Rear camera and sensors are very good and make us comfortable with parking. It gives us around 390 to 420 km for full charge or 80% charge. Problem comes when we switch on AC or heater. Battery drains fast. I am doing delivery for around 50 hours in a week; so I think only home night charging is the viable option. Home night charging day/night meter costs 21 cents per unit. So full charge cost may around 14 euros. Outside ESB charging costs from 51 cents to 61 cents for 22kw and 150kw chargers. Since I am renting now, I need to use outside charging and it costs me around 35 euros for full. Outside ESB charging will be same as using a hybrid car like my previous yaris. So I just thought it was a mistake to buy this car.

If I get the option of home night charging, it is a good option.

• Advertisement

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and thoughts.

I already have a charging point at home, and dual tarif, as I had a Nissan leaf for about 5 year until a while ago. I just have to replace the actual charging point, bit all wires and everything else is in place.

You are correct, charging on the public network is crazy expensive, renders the purchase nearly pointless, so I'm happy with my options. The issue I have is that I travel to Dublin once a week and I'm based in the west, about 240km away.

I'll have to see how that plays financially, once I get the car.

I hope you enjoy your purchase and maybe keep us all posted with what you see as an actual range after a few more trips.

Regards, Petro

Did your Toyota dealer honour your trade in …

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fermmark

Hi,

We have had our BZ4X now about 6 weeks.

We have home charging and finally got a night rate with Electric ireland of about 0.20 cents between 11/8 and a booster of 0.12 between 02.00/04.00.

The car is very good to drive, very comfortable and really enjoy it.

The car charges to between 375km’s to 415km’s at the minute on a full charge. Most journeys at the minute have been short in duration.

We done a long trip to Dublin, car was fully charged to 413km leaving the house and when we got him it was practically empty. The trip was 260km return and about 160km was at motorway speeds and the rest was at 100km/ph. The trip was in the cold period the end of January but kept heater/AC to minimum as had the heated steering wheel and heated seats on.

Yes. They did.

My one year old yaris had a small scratch on front bumper and back bumper was hit by another car when reversing when I parked in a shopping centre. There is small discoloration on back bumper. So I think they have to replace both bumpers. They said its okay and didn't charge. But I said I will pay for that and dealer said they will call me. I think they are not going to call me, but I will call them after 2 weeks and is going to pay the cost of two bumpers.

They allowed only maximum 20000 deposit and monthly 430 for 4 years for 15000km annual mileage and final payment is 165000.

I had 35000 in my hand, so now I think I could take an aib loan of 20000 and buy the car for full cash.

The car is so fantastic that I think I will stick to it for the next 10 years. Acceleration faster, no sound, even in motorway and so massive structure, spacious. Looks like a jumbo jet. So I think there wouldn't be any need to change this car after some years like petrol ones.

It's like sitting in a space ship.

When I stand near to bz4x, it's like standing near an elephant, it's mirrors, doors, boot door are so big structures. But driving, parking, reversing are so easy. Cameras, sensors are very good compared to my previous yaris.

I can see 2017 bmw x5 for sale for 46000; it's price at the time could be 80000. There is the advantage of toyota. We could sale it after 2 or 3 years with the same price we bought. Toyota has guaranteed that it's battery will have 70 or 80 percent capacity even after 10 years, no need to return this after 2 or 3 years.

Post edited by vimalandrew on

Can I please ask if the mileage for your trade in was significantly higher compared to the one at the time when you were offered the initial trade in value?

• Advertisement

I bought the yaris on the condition that annual mileage set to 33000. Since I am doing delivery work, after one year and last week it was 35000. I was paying 400 a month under pcp. When they recalculated it looks like they took 700 euros for it

Many thanks. It looks like I'm in for a shock. They quoted me a trade in value on the basis the car will have 31k km in Sept 22. Now it has 39500 km.

Dealer said that it all depends on the resale value of the car. I think they need around 4000 euro profit in reselling your car. Their calculations are based on that. If your current car is a Nissan leaf, I am not sure about its value.

The Leaf was sold 1.5 years ago, after 5 years of use.

I have a 202 CHR due to finish its PCP in August'23.

Even the offer they made me in June 22, for the September 22 delivery was less than 1.5k below the prices for sale at the time.

I guess it is up to both sides to find the middle ground. We'll see what happens, as I'm due to pick up mine at the end of March supposedly.

I’d like to get that rate too with EI but I have a smart meter…..do you have one as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That's the EI smart meter plan, it isn't a bad plan in fairness as it has no 5-7 peak rate. Standing charge is a bit scaldy unfortunately.

Either way...... the house always win, unfortunately

I went to a 150kw charging station on Friday after driving 10kms. Only after reaching there, I realised that it outputs only 60kw. So I am using 50kw chargers near me. 50kw chargers are fine, I normally need only 45 minutes to reach 80 percent when I have already 100km range in my battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was the charger limited to 60 or was your car only able to take 60 because of a cold battery etc?

No. One taxi driver there told me it will provide only 60kw even though it is marked as high power 150kw. Also I had to pay 61cents per unit.

He said in UK and North 300kw chargers are available and they are free also.

• Advertisement

What charger was it?

As for your second part I wouldn't believe that at all. Pure nonsense I'd imagine.

You can see the charger in sundrive shopping centre, Kimmage

Looks like an issue on site looking on Plug Share. No one reporting getting close to 150kWh.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭tommythecat

I got 70 out of that 150 charger in Sundrive in my EV6 a few weeks ago without Preconditioning.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If you're using only public chargers (ESB or ionity) for the foreseeable future while renting, you can get a better price for using their chargers.

Elli (a division of VW) has an app /charge card that you can use. If you subscribe for the €14.99 per month tariff then you get DC at ESB for 0.47c, AC for 0.37c and ionity for 0.35c. (It doesn't work with Easygo)

Depending on how much you charge the car each month using these methods, I think you break even on the sub fee once you have charged either 50-60kWh in the month. (back of the napkin maths, may be slightly off)

Here's the link if you want to read up more. https://www.elli.eco/en/tariffs

Hope it helps.

I was told "towards the end of March".

Next week I am going to the dealer to see all finance options, to include my trade in, so we will see what that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Saw the Subaru one of these in Maynooth the other day. Can't be anything other than brand loyalty? We've had a decent choice of EVs for the last 2-3 years now. Just seems strange to make the jump because Subaru/Toyota reluctantly made one.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

Without having the delivery date set (which seems to be end of this month) we've agreed on the financial aspect to include my trade in car value and all.

The dealer looked after me very well, as far as I can see.

The wait is not that long now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

This doesn’t exactly bode well for Toyota Bz4x if the engineers that built it consider it’s competition’a work of art’

Toyota Engineers After Tesla Model Y Teardown: "A Work Of Art"

I’d be particularly worried about the following note from one Toyota insider..

They reportedly identified four main areas where Tesla has a big advantage over Toyota: dedicated platform, advanced battery, designated EV production site, and software-defined architecture. Tesla has all four of those, Toyota has none – at least not yet.

Advertisement