Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota bz4X

Options
1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mach Two

When is the new solid state battery supposed to be ready for the BZ4X?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭coolbeans

It's just around the corner just like it's been for the last decade.

Other companies are on the verge of bringing out a solid state battery. Surely Toyota can't be far off the mark as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭coolbeans

What companies and what's "on the verge"? From my reading I'd be surprised if we had a mainstream SSB before 2030.

I thought I saw somewhere that some mainstream car manufacturers were close to going in to production. Waffle I suppose. 2030 is a bit aways. But a Toyota sales rep did say to me that they could be around in 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,962 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Or the C4X?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

More FUD from Toyota. Slippery slop they're on here.

Can a tow bar be fitted to the bz4x?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,059 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Why are tow bars so expensive? The cooler/heater unit seems a good buy. Any of ye got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,059 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Because they will invalidate the warranty if you fit a non OEM one.

You can fit one from Mick's Garage or similar for a lot less.

I don't know about the cooler/heater unit.

Which is more advisable to buy a new or a second hand electric car. I am referring to battery condition. Can the battery be checked for damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vimalandrew

First of all you need to understand business. Companies come with new options when they are in trouble. America came with Tesla when their car companies were in trouble. Ford's selling is now half in Ireland. Other american companies have got a bad reputation such as Jeep etc.. So they came with Tesla and got number one. What about Toyota. There is tie up with OPEC countries and every Arab family has a Land Cruiser in their front of the house. A lot of politics going on between OPEC and America. What about Toyota sales. Last year, they had record profit and record sales. If I open my front door, what I can see all the new registrations are Toyota hybrids. Then in premium segment. People are moving away from BMWs and Benz. In America, rich people are nowadays buying Lexus. Here in Ireland also, I can see lots of new Lexus on the road. Because media says, a Lexus is made to run forever. Due to these reasons, I dont see arrival of solid state battery in the next 5 years. I found that China's NIO is building one. But last month Elon Musk visited Beijing and begged in front of Chinese Premier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,962 ✭✭✭✭josip

That's a bit of a change. Back in December you were optimistic of solid state batteries sometime in 2024,

and now you don't think it will happen in the next 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

How many sets of tyres before the unicorn battery arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yermanthere

Safety recall for camera completed this week. Another day spent dropping and collecting to dealer with no courtesy car. This was second software update/ recall in 14 months, plus annual service. Service manager even said " And there's no charge for today's work", like I was being done a favour 😂.

I think it's a great car to drive, but I've never had 3 visits to a garage in year 1 with a brand new car. And an expensive one. If software updates are gonna be the future, Toyota needs to be able to do it over-the-air.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭petronelduca

Looking at the "glass half full", it wouldn't be a bad thing they recalled the car.

It is great that they are finding possible issues a d fix them before they become critical. Hiding things under the carpet would probably be worse.

Every time I go to my local Toyota garage there's coffee, free Internet, a desk is always available to bring my work laptop with me, absolutely no bother. However we are talking about Tuam, County Galway. I guess it woukd be a bit more difficult to find all these closer to Dublin, due to the higher volume of customers.

All in all, not a deal breacker IMHO

Advertisement