Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks - Croke Pk Sept 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe Bono as special guest

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Was in 302 8 rows up, perfect view of the stage 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

• Registered Users Posts: 15,632 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’m going tonight and looking forward but can’t understand why he didn’t organise and do a support of a medley of country and Irish stars it would make it special and link in country scene here.

And he could bring them out at end for a final sing along.

Pissing in the wind a bit but sent off an email to Aiken about my seat. Feel it should of been marked 'slight restricted view'. If anyone has a Premium Level row K seat 13-5 I'd try and get a move somewhere else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

Very true, would definitely ease the congestion on the way in if there was some support earlier on in the day. Again residents may have played a factor. Say a few standing out on their porch looking out at the crowd on the way in last night. Everyone I saw was very well behaved though.

Saw one row on the way out on the street across my the hogan stand exit

Definitely not a big reflection on the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Going to head over to Croke Park in few mins. Will pick up a cheap ticket hopefully.

Just chancing my arm here - if anyone stuck with a ticket, I'd throw a few bob at it.

I know. I'm a miserly b@stard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

When he announced these gigs he said he was going to have local acts, guess he changed his mind.

"It’s a fantastic time for music generally – and indeed for country music – in Ireland. Seated at the top of the room, Garth was asked if he would handpick some of Ireland’s emerging talents to support him on the big shows?

“You have to — that’s the fun part of it,” he said."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭glitterIsland

I'm going tomorrow night and I am looking forward to it. Its going to be wet tomorrow. Heavy persistent rain for tomorrow. Not looking forward to the rain on the pitch. It mightn't be too bad in the stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

jaysus the queue is horrendous to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patob

Crowd control on Clonliffe Road non existent, guys in high vis a waste of space, shambles, 8pm start at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Are the queues still bad? I was going to leave it until right before it starts next Saturday but I don't want to be stuck queuing when it starts.

People were saying last night the sound wasn't good. Hopefully tonights will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patob

Started at 8.05 and ran to about 10.10. Only one encore, of American Pie but decent show overall. Sound quality was pretty good from lower Cusack stage end. Great to meet half of county Monaghan. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Croke Park is a horrible stadium for a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Housefree

Great show, sound was great lower Cusack. Hair raising moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭glitterIsland

Will there be any point to bringing my good hat with me tomorrow considering its going to rain? It's a leatger hat and I don't want to ruin it. I also have a wool 'jack murphy' hat. Not a stetson.

• Advertisement

Is he singing 'Ireland' under the stage or is it pre recorded I wonder

Saw a snippet of a sound check on Thursday night and he was performing it

Fantastic gig. will be looking for tickets next weekend also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It was never gonna live up to 20 years of hype in my head, but that was fantastic. Loudest crowd I've ever heard as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Just finished concert and was sat in Hogan Stand Lower Tier Block 334 fantastic seats! The sound was atrocious! Songs I didn’t know I still didn’t know as I literally couldn’t tell what he was singing! I expected allot better being totally honest and I am a Garth Brooks fan but I wasn’t sure what to expect regarding his concert but for me something was missing and I would of loved like what someone else said is to have local artists with him and sing a medley, what really drove me nuts was after every song he wanted the crowd to clap more and more and I felt like I should be shouting Amen and Praise the Lord with how he carried on - very unusual to feel that way but I hope I am not the only one that felt this. Q’s for the bar were mental! and there was some literally skipping and coming in from all angles as some bars had zero metal barriers. Enjoy anyone going to the next few concerts! Also a tip for anyone with difficulty walking ask for the medical lift to get to the floors you need to - the ticket costs enough and the staff that are there were fantastic! in looking after people with walking difficulties or the elderly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Friends in low places I thought he was just gonna play it on an endless loop. I don't think anybody would have cared either.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any guest appearance or just the missus Trisha

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Just Trisha for one song which I’d of preferred a medley with her as her voice was excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Heard people stuck queuing outside and couldn't get in when it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Housefree

I can't imagine anyone who tried to be there for 7.30 got stuck, maybe people who left it till around 8 thinking they would fly in. The crowd moved at a nice pace for me. It's not like Croker isn't used to large crowds

Post edited by Housefree on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭flasher0030

To be honest, it didn't look like it was organised very well. I was in the queue outside when the gig started .Didn't really bother me, as wouldn't be a die-hard fan. But people were getting very on edge, cause the queues were going so slow. I don't know why it took so long. There was nothing obvious. I noticed the ticket scanning and a lot of the folks in the yellow bibs were young teenagers. They would not have the maturity to realise that a serious situation could arise when you have queues and people that are boozed up. Then when we got into the "hallways", with the long walk to get into the pitch area, again, mayhem and a big backlog of people. I have no idea why. When we got into the pitch area, there was loads of room at the back of the pitch, where the entrances are.

Went for a drink later. There were only about 6 people in front of me. Still took about 20 mins. Don't know what they were at. Of course, when it came to my turn, they ran out of Rockshore.

Really enjoyed the gig though. He is a great performer, and I knew a lot more songs than I thought I did. Great atmosphere at the concert. His fans are really into it. And there was an all-round great vibe amongst the people. I'd love to go again next weekend. Might do so.

Advertisement