Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks - Croke Pk Sept 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭glitterIsland

I got onto them quickly. Hopefully I can get a refund.

I think I will give it all a miss now unless 2 tickets fall into my lap before the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ticketmaster has a 24 hour cooling off period - search the site, think its called Fan Guarantee or something

Yeah tickermasterire on twitter directed me to the ticketmaster site and 'help with my order' and from there I selected exchange or refund for other reason.

I filled out that section.

Fecking livid with myself that I was close to seeing him again but Friday doesn't suit me. Hopefully I will get a refund nd if more tickets go on sale (doubtful) I might try for more Sat tickets. Sickening.

I was supposed to go last Friday but I was sick but it was covid or viral. I spent Friday and Saturday recovering and trying to get better for Sunday and then the rain was a sickener on Sunday morning. My heart wasn't completely in Sunday but did my best to get into the swing of things on the pitch. I wasn't entirely 100%.

I feel like I need another ticket to get another run of it. I feel cursed from last weekend. I want something to go smoothly and in the right direction and for my health and weather to stay up.

There's only one more ticket left on ticketmaster for Saturday and it's in the upper stand. That's me out for Saturday 😭. I doubt I will buy secondhand unless it's from a long term member of toutless or a local sale with any flogging them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Genuine question. Is he miming the gig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Only saw this now, just asked same. I heard his voice was gone and he would be lip syncing which is a no for me, no matter who you are

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

They signed up for a Ticketmaster account and I transferred to them.

Anyone 'smuggle' drink into the gig? Are they checking everyone's bags?

Have had Rockshore at few events lately and it really is piss water

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Didn't notice any lip syncing myself and his voice sounded amazing when he done the solo songs

A little annoying thing was sometimes he'd give out a laugh when he'd be in the start/middle of the song because he loves us all so much and is in shock at the reception he's getting

Definitely not. Someone in the audience had a request that wasn't on the setlist and he and band preformed it very well. It was much too young to feel this damn old.

My bag was checked. Someone smuggled in a naggin. It was on tiktok. Apparently hats are even checked going in but I can't see them checking every hat.

A tip I found on tiktok is to fill breastmilk storage bags with alcohol. Smuggle alcohol in, in your clothing. Women had bags of alcohol in their bras. I don't know where men could put bags of alcohol on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

There's a pretty strong chance he is miming at least parts of his gigs cos his voice is completely shot. This video is from Dingle today.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theniall

Keep an eye on TM @glitterIsland I would be very shocked if more Saturday tix we're not released between now and the gig

I was disappointed that there wasn't a support act. The music clip they played before the gig was disappointing - radio gaga, radio googoo. If they wanted to get the crowd roaring they should have had a fm different song like the proclaimers - I'm gonna be or put Nathan Carter on the stage for a big dose of Wagon Wheel.

I would of loved to hear 'Much too young' live but suppose getting the 'Piano Man' cover last Friday made up for it

Some crowd in that pub for a Tuesday, I wonder with the Boom there was this recorded for the upcoming Documentary ??

Dick Macs is Dingle. Its really tiny so looks full with just a few in. Always a few there though. A must visit for anyone in Dingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Went Saturday, had an absolute blast and brought the GF along who'd not know much of the music and she was dancing all the way home.

We got into Croker at about 6.10pm, no early queing at all just tipped away in after a few drinks around the stadium. Met a line of stewards just after bag check handing Grey and Orange wristbands, never mentioned what these were for but turned out to be entry to the two pit areas. I know somebody above mentioned the Pit is all one, that aint right. The walkway seperates the two sections, Orange went left of stage, our grey ones were for the right of the stage. Our Pit area had its own toilets and bar, although we didn't get a drink inside, plus had its own exit off the pitch at the end of the show.

There was a good crowd already in when we got there, yet we still waltzed up to be one person off the barrier at the Middle Stage which was used fairly regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

If only it was that easy, ticketmaster said contact the promotor they said contact the stadium they said try the garda website, noting on the website, eventually we got an answer out of aiken on the Friday afternoon and it was contrary to all the information they had previously put out

This is the response I got from ticketmaster. I though the fan guarantee as mentioned on a previous page would apply but according to this it doesn't apply.

Post edited by glitterIsland on

• Advertisement

@glitterIsland did you go too one of the weekends shows ?

Maybe all the GB shows are grouped together and if you successfully attended one you can't get a refund/exchange for another one

I went last weekend. I had a different ticket order for that show.

I made a request for an exchange or refund under the new order that I put in yesterday but their policy was explained to me and the policy is if the event is due to take place within 14days the fan guarantee doesn't apply.

I doubt I will get a refund from ticketmaster. If the event was further away, then I would get a refund.

I can't make sense of it.

I am trying to flog it now. Willing to go less than face value so that I can recoup some costs but no takers yet.

It's a disappointing cock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cagefactor

Wonder will ticket sales for Don McLean in the 3Arena get a boost

Regarding these times I do definitely prefer Garths version of the song

"If the event was further away, then I would get a refund.

I can't make sense of it."

Quite the opposite. You've literally made perfect sense of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

I would have thought it would be easy enough sell them unless they are really bad location wise like the restricted view ones. I was on several sites yesterday trying to get two tickets for Friday (which I eventually got) but on Ticketswap for example practically every notification I opened they were already being paid for by someone else so seems to be big demand still. Toutless had a good few looking for tickets too, way more than the posts selling them. I got mine eventually on a local FB buy/sell page, lots of posts there too looking for them.

They were labelled restricted view when I bought them.

I will expand the ticket flogging tonight.

Out of interest

Would the crew have been calling into Croke Park the last few days to check everything

I'd imagine soundchecks will recommence tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

That's different then I suppose, I'd be slow to buy the restricted view ones myself! Hopefully you'll get lucky and someone will buy them. I have never been to CP before so haven't a clue about tickets but think it's a bit odd for Ticketmaster to be charging full price for 'restricted view', surely one would expect a bit of a discount on tickets like that!

Or maybe that's not the way it works and it's full price regardless!

• Advertisement

Yeah they should of priced the restricted view tickets the same as standing imo

I'd say the one i had Friday was pretty close to 'restricted view' and that was in the Premium Level. Reckon the people to my right had a bad enough view

Advertisement