Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Smart Alarm (Black Friday Offers)

• 18-11-2021 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

They have some good Friday offers on and I am in the market for an alarm system. Wondering if anyone is using this system and if its a bit gimicky or if you cant beat a real hardwired house alarm?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

I have it and love it for two primary reasons....

1. It offers remote arm and disarm from phone app for no cost (previous monitored alarm you couldn't use this without continuing to pay for monitoring.

2. It integrates fantastically with Home assistant with the use of an add-on. So my alarm motion and door sensors do double duty and trigger lights etc when doors open or sensors get triggered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I was looking at it as I thought the sensors could be used in home assistant. Can you get the camera images in home assistant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The same add on lets you pull in video and images but I've not used it myself. Just use the sensors for automations.

Advertisement