Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whirlpool Washing Machine Error - Repair or Replace?

• 18-11-2021 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice. I have recently bought and moved into an apartment and the washing machine that was already there (Whirlpool WWDC 7440 is the model) is having an issue. The water goes in and drains fine but the drum won't spin, which results in an F 06 error on the screen. After having done research it seems that this usually means an issue with the motor. I have no idea how old the washing machine is, but it doesn't look very weathered or anything so I would presume it's only a few years old. The previous owner bought the apartment in 2017, so I'm assuming he purchased it around then. The first time I used the washing machine it worked fine, but a service light came on after that wash. Plugging it out and back in fixed that, and it worked fine the next time I used it. Went to use it last night and it let the water into the drum but then gave me the F 06 error, and plugging it out and back in again a few times doesn't seem to be fixing it this time.

Any advice on whether I should try to get it repaired or should I just replace it with a new one? This is my first time owning a place so I have no idea what call out charges etc. are. My preference would be to get it fixed if I can, but if it's going to cost almost the same as a new machine then I suppose a replacement would be the better option.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭sandra_b

I had similar issue a few months ago.

I bought new washing machine.

Plumber can cost about 100E just to call in + parts (if it can be repaired). It can be more expensive then new washing machine. New washing machine is about 350E, 5 year guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the comment. I bit the bullet a few hours ago and just went for a new machine. I figured getting it repaired would probably end up more expensive anyway after doing research. I'm living on my own so didn't need anything big or fancy and managed to find a 6kg machine for €250 from a local electrical shop, so I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭sandra_b

Well done. I would not be able to fix that on my own .... Circuit board sounds like a rocket science to me. I don't think I would even be able to move washing machine 😂

Advertisement