Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Non-EU questions..

• 18-11-2021 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,

So I'm looking to get married in a religious/traditional wedding back home.

1) As mentioned here https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-join-family-in-ireland/joining-a-non-eea-non-swiss-national/join-non-eea-family-member/ evidence needs be provided for when we met all the way up to marriage, and beyond (financial support etc).

What I'm not clear about is if this is applicable to religious/traditional marriages too because in such marriages parents of both man and woman decide and get it done. The man and the woman don't actually get to meet physically until the day of marriage, so I'm a a bit confused about this. Marriage certificates, photographs, and other evidence of marriage etc will be gathered but my concern is about "evidence of meeting circumstances, all the way leading up to the marriage".

2) I'm currently on Stamp 1 with Critical Skills Employment Permit and again on the same link above its mentioned that spouses of holders of CSEP can apply for a Join-Family visa immediately after marriage.

My question is once I am on Stamp 4 then can the spouse apply immediately after marriage or will she have to wait 1 year after marriage to apply for Join-Family visa, I could no find a clear answer to this.

Thank You

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭beachhead

Maybe your local civil marriage registry office can answer your query or give you research clues or someone will come on here

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭huud

Thanks, also I'm considering consulting an immigration lawyer, can anyone let me know if a any good immigration lawyer, who knows such matters, and will not charge exorbitant amount just for consultation/advice/guidance.

Thank You

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What they are looking to avoid is marriages of convenience, where one party is entering the marriage to try to avoid immigration rules and the other is entering the marriage because they have been paid or given some other inducement to do so.

If there is a bona fide marriage, this generally isn't a problem.

Thanks Victor,

I'm aware of this and know what you mean, but given what all they have mentioned it would be unfair if the girl is refused visa because there was "insufficient evidence", or anything similar.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Contact your embassy they will have had the most experience of dealing with this situation. I doubt a lawyer will do you much good, a family reunification visa is issued under EU directive and is a privilege not a right for a third country national.

• Advertisement

I contacted the embassy, they advised me to contact immigration as this is an immigration issue.

I'll call CIC (Citizen Information Centre) today and see what they have to say.

Advertisement