Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skiing in Austria - Jan 2022

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

In Kitzbühel at the minute resort empty but the skiing is epic real dump of snow yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ragairneach

Heading to south eastern Tirol week after next. Conditions looking pretty ok on the webcams at the moment, and looks about 2/3 of the slopes are open where we are headed. With some top ups of snow and low temperatures forecasted for the next ten days I think a lot more will be open by the time we get there. I think it will turn out to be pretty good, I've certainly seen worse conditions in January!

Totally dependent on where in the country you are headed of course, some resorts being hit very hard. Although having a look around at webcams I think there should be reasonably good on-piste skiing in most of Austria for the next few weeks. Don't give up hope yet!

Getting very excited now😅

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Going on my first ever ski trip to St Johann in middle of February.

Anybody been to St Johann? Will be going to ski school every day...hopefully i can pick it up pretty quickly as my wife has been skiing before and i don't want to be holding her back.

A friend is actually doing a season out in Kitzbuhel and she recommended getting a 1on1 four hour lesson. Is this something that you would recommend or just stick with the ski school?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭a148pro

Ski school probably sufficient, more value and more fun. You'll make friends falling around. But if you feel you'd benefit from a private lesson you can always just get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DoraDelite

That is not the official site and is charging double the cost of a 10 day vignette nor does it have the new option of a single day. This is the official site: https://www.asfinag.at/en/toll/vignette/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Just back from Zell am See, skied Schmittenhöhe and took the ski link from there to get into SkiCircus and was able to ski around Leogang, Saalbach and Hinterglemm over two days. Blue skies for two days, cloudy on the third, pistes in great condition, nearly all open and the place was pretty quiet.

Advertisement