Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭shmeee

Why won't you? No issue with being from an area and working in the office. Or is the sarcastic font in action.....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

Anyone know what number they’re up to on the Waterford panel or for how long this panel has been extended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thanks.

How did you answer "How would you priorotise a project that involved a lot of data"?

And

" Whats the issues with sending an receiving emails"?

Trying to prepare a few sample answers for my interview.

Thank you so much 😊

@I am me123

To prioritise you will be taking instructions or directions from your manager as a clerical officer. Best way to answer this is you'd ask your manager what is timeline on this and should you prioritise it above a task your already completing.

Sending and receiving emails, making sure GDPR guidelines are adhered too and make sure if you can BCC( blind cc) people so your not sharing another person's email address. Never share sensitive or identifiable information by email, they should be password protected if you can't save in a safe area on a shared platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭raheny red

Fr. Dougal moment, but it's just dawned on me. I'm pretty sure I was interviewed by Owen Keegan....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Unlikely for a civil service panel - they hire separately

Well he introduced himself as Owen and was the absolute spit of Keegan. Though he did say that he was recently retired. Maybe the nerves helped play tricks on me mind. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thank you so much. You've been a huge help. 😊

Any other possible questions I can prepare for?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

Anyone able to help.

I'm 9 months nearly into my contract, doing well in my role... quite lucky its stats based and I'm flying it. But I'm now 8 months pregnant. I work from home 4/5 per week but I am struggling. I've put in for parents leave I have left from my first baby but unlikely for it to he excepted so short notice. I don't think I can go on much longer with condition of my pregnancy but I've another 6 weeks.

Management keep telling me (I'm blessed really they are fantastic where I am) that if I'm sick probation will just be extended by the sick leave time, which is fine. But my contract states if sick leave (so for example 14 days, in 12 months) is exceeded I won't be kept on for my position except in exceptional circumstances. Now any sick days I've taken so far have been pregnancy related (I've taken 6) all but one day certified.

But anyways not to drag it on, but does anyone know how f'd I'd be if I took the last few weeks sick when I return from work after maternity.. Will my probation be ruined?

I know I should be grateful I can WFH but I am just not feeling well consistently enough to fulfill my duties either, the one day in the office is extremely hard to as I have to walk up flights of stairs just to get a cup of tea or have my lunch (some pregnant women can do it, but my legs unfortunately won't work so I'm on crutches)

Ugh pls advise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Will you not be on pregnancy leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

Yep but not until 2 weeks before my due date, so I have 8 weeks until then so was to be written out sick until then

@WHIreland

All pregnancy related illness is discounted. What this means is it will not go against you in terms of passing probation etc...

Sick leave circular 05/2015 and regulations SI 125 of 2015. Also read the revised circular of 2018. Loads of provisions was made in relation to pregnancy related illness to ensure discrimination on these grounds was not happening.

Best of luck with rest of pregnancy. I was the same on my first child with being on crutches etc.. it gets better once baby is born.

Hope this helps!

Got my hands on the new salary scale for new COs

01/03/23 - 27131

01/10/23 - 27881

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Daisyflower123

what is the training like in Revenue, why it could take 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jane2021

Hey! Has anybody been waiting ages to get their assignment? You were told you were being under consideration months ago and gave all your references passed Garda clearance etc but still waiting ages? Thanks!

How long have you been waiting and what's your OOM? I'm in the 90s and found out about a month after clearance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jane2021

4 months now… I was told all candidate files are reviewed by management for clearance to be confirmed but that there is a big back log…..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TL123

Hi everyone, can anyone please help recently been offered a position of clerical officer with county council, starting on pay 1, can anyone give any insight at all with regards to wages going up on the pay scale is it yearly they rise or is it performance based? Can you work from home or is it officer based. Thanks In advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭shmeee

The schedule may be 6 months in length, in this time you may have;

• Virtual Classes online with a tutor(s)
    • Self managed learning via online documentation / slide shows
    • Mentoring on the job with other CO's / assigned duties

It's not like 6 months of lessons non stop, it will be phased over a period of say 6 months. Again the above may vary between different divisions.

For example, CO's started last October will be taking part in a 6 month training schedule up until April or so with a mix of the above. They could go 2/3 weeks with no training and just on the job duties during them periods. It's a good mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Daisyflower123

Thank you, was wondering what a hell is that 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭torn-between-jobs

Anyone that interviewed last week get their result yet ?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

Anyone able to offer me any information about working for Department of Education in Limerick. My partner was offered a place off this panel here but its very hard to get any information. Do they have wfh, flexi etc.? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bichonfrise7

Hi ,

would anyone know within revenue what it’s like working within the different departments and what they would be doing on a day to day basis?

thanks

I was Friday too, taught it was strange that there was only 1 person on the interview panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,257 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Seems they're trying to interview as many candidates as quickly possible, so there must be plenty of vacancies available.

There used to be always 1 very quiet person on an interview panel, you'd always be wondering what bad things they'd say about you afterwards 😉 but when it's just one person you should have a good idea of how impressed they were with you.

Scrap the cap!

There was a few smiles dropped when I threw in some buzz words - hopefully it was a good sign !

Yeah in the invitation email it stated there would be 1 board member on the interview panel, so presumed there would be 2 or 3 in total.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Sinradler

All of the CO interviews have one person panels now - I was surprised too but they seem to have changed over this year - everyone I know who did it previous years said there were two or three.

Advertisement