Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

Someone recently posted that they were asked at interview what civil service departments they knew of.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

I posted this in the Clerical Officer 2020, based on a friends interview, might be helpful to new applicants for this campaign.

Someone else mentioned that the interviewers aren't bothered with STAR responses though.

Do look at the information in the handbook it is very helpful.

"If you Google "star" interview responses you will get a lot of good information.

A lot of the websites give sample questions.

Sit down with a pen and paper and have two answers for each questions, learn them and have them ready to roll off your tongue.

An example interview question might be Give us an example that you improved your workplace. Or give us an example of a project you undertook.

If you were to just say "I revamped our website" that wouldn't be what they're looking for.

If you applied the star format it'd be something like

Situation: I recognised the requirement for our website to be updated when customers commented about lack of information and volume of calls increased.

Task: I undertook to renew the website, got quotes, sourced samples, hired media company.

Action: Be able to speak about going live with the job (website) and what was involved.

Result: Be able to speak about positive benefits of your task (new website) eg lesser volume of calls, easier to navigate, increase in online sales.

They won't ask personal questions like are you married, they can't by law.

They might ask something like Tell us about a time you didn't get on with a colleague or Tell us about a time you disagreed with your supervisors decision.

Another question might be tell us about a customer complaint.

Just write out the answers in Star format and remember them well.

They might also ask you questions to get an understanding of how computer literate you are.

Have some answers / situations ready to show that you can create a word document to type letters. Create a folder. Create and use a spreadsheet.Create emails and attach documents.

You should also be able to tell them what bcc means and cc.

Have a practise with someone for your online interview.

Check internet speed / microphone etc.

It can be hard to not lean into the monitor.

And try to look at the camera rather than the screen.

Don't fidget with a pen or paper, if you were sitting in an interview room you wouldn't do that.

Although I imagine they take that into consideration.

The interview only lasts about 20 mins to half hour and it goes by very quickly.

Hope that helps"

Is it ok to have a neutral background on the zoom interview?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crinkley

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Fisherman32

Does anyone know what is meant by the term “ No it means 3 assignments have been made so far.”

does this mean three people have been allocated to jobs or three people have been given the EOI?

thanks.

• Advertisement

without the full context I would take that as 3 people have been given a job, although it seems very early for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Had interview today. They kept closely to the competencies. Very friendly, experienced and reassuring panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Totally Red

Hope it went well for you and your not waiting long on the result 😊 Was there anything that caught you off gaurd ? Did you need to know much about the civil service and was it handy enough once you went by the competencies ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Jamp 123

Good idea, interview for Wexford this week, best of luck to everyone.

Any questions generally related to competencies. Why are you applying for this job?. Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer. How do use Outlook? Tell us about your IT skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Sheshaw2020

Thanks for the info . Was the Zoom process easy to access and hear and see etc. Did they ask the 6 competencies . Any Q on different Civil Service Departments etc core values etc . Thanks in advance and best of luck in securing the position 😄

Yes all went well via Zoom. Be sure to understand importance of integrity, honesty, impartiality, respect for people and the law. They weave these into the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sheshaw2020

Great thank you for info 🤗

I found them very friendly also. Now the wait for results begins.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

How long do you think we should be waiting for results? I know they said 10 days but is it likely to be sooner? They were really lovely but I was really nervous so not feeling very confident!

I've seen various responses on here as to how long we could be waiting for results so it really is anyone's guess. Also when they say 10 days do they mean 10 working days? I'm over-thinking it now 🙄

Best of luck to you, and to everyone who is currently waiting on results.

They said that last year. We ended up getting the results in three days

usually it would be after the final interviews, anyone got a date for that.

Then again this year is different as theres no ranking of candidates and new OOM to issue, its a simple pass fail so you wouldn't have to wait for all interviews to finish just your panel. Maybe PAS won't do them in batches like that though and issue all at the same time

@Summerdays22 I'm sure you did great, its okay to be nervous the panel expects it

Thank you I suppose it could go either way. Goodluck to everyone!!

Sorry I meant after the final person has been interviewed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Hindutimes

Hi All,

I'm still waiting to be called for interview. Any idea what number on the Dublin list was called? like 1 - 100 or 1-200?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pink15

Hi,

Anybody have any idea if they have started calling for interviews in Offaly yet?

Thanks

They have, yes. Not sure up to what OOM though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pink15

Great thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MoSan

Someone I know in the 270's in Dublin contacted last week for an interview. Not sure how much more they've gotten through since then but it's at least up to there 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Totally Red

They are flying through Dublin. Has anyone got the results of the interview yet anywhere in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Jamp 123

Anyone know what the pass rate is for interview? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

Best of luck with the interview.

Can I ask what number you got for Wexford?

Advertisement