Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

Congratulations! It's natural to be nervous, but you'll settle in quickly. Just remember, you're not expected to know everything when you walk in the door. There is a learning period.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 11 monahk10

I'm just worried if it's in an awkward location to get to etc, is there an option to refuse and possible get a second allocation. I'm just thinking worst case scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Fisherman32

Wow! Well done. Hats off to you! 🎩

did your Garda vetting take long? Once you have Been told your department do you have to notify your current employer then or will the process move slow?

My current employer was contacted for the reference, Garda vetting only went in today but she emailed me saying she will send all the details tomorrow and has contacted my new hr dept with my information

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭peanutk

Well done 👏i got my email today with garda vetting forms im not far behind you. Did it take long for them to contact you after you sent all the info to them? Hopefully you get a department that suits you :)

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not. You will be removed from the panel if you don't accept the offer, unless you're over 45km from the location.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

I sent them at 16.53 and she emailed me at 17.07

Thanks for completing the GV link. I’m going to leave it until the morning to send you an assignment email because I would like to leave for a few hours to go through. I will also send your details to the HR section in your new department and they will be in touch with you regarding a start date that suits you both.

Il be praying tonight so 😂

Best of luck to you!

And you too, hopefully you won't be waiting too long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 VictorMR1990

I sent my Garda Vetting form last Thursday and it still stands at Application sent to NVB for processing on 18/09.

It seems like they’re taking different times for different applicants, I’m also nervous about being allocated in a far place, but won’t Sanyo to any offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lisaconway

I agree...I was given a date for Revenue, and sent them everything in clearance but it seems to be taking an age. They would'nt accept my written references even from when I was a CO in the Civil Service before, it has to be on their forms. I had forgotten how many hoops with clearance we have to jump through as it wasnt like this in the TCO campaign. I don't know what else I can give them except a vial of my blood!!!haha..Best of luck everyone..so I know Revenue in April but obviously pending all of the hoop jumping for clearance so haven'nt been officially assigned yet..jaysus..

Post edited by peanutk on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Is anyone else having issues with the public jobs website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dexter92

Did anyone else get the email for clearance checks but not Garda vetting? Does anyone know if this is being sent out separately?

Once you send back all the information they've requested you will get an email with a link to Garda vetting.

Post edited by Sgt. Bilko 09 on

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinnym

I just tried the website and it was working for me. Hope you get sorted

Post edited by peanutk on

• Advertisement

Is there something specific you are trying to access?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

What do you do if you dont have a contact to put as a reference for a job? I've had 2 jobs were it was only a few months and I wouldnt have details for a reference. thanks

You should explain this to PAS and see what they come back with. Have some character references that you can fall back on. Volunteer work is a great way to gain both work experience and reference contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Diffens

hey guys

i actually work beside Customs and Department of agriculture down in Dublin Port , and was wondering did they request aptitude Tests for first time applicants ? or was it just garda vetting and references required?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

Hi all

I'm currently working as a grade III c.o on a temporary contract which is coming to an end soon. I interviewed for a grade IV c.o position and did well. They are sending me the relevant documents to be completed before they do up a contract. Now I am in second thoughts as it is a further 40 minutes each way from where I currently work. I would love some advice and ask is it worth taking a short term loss in the hopes of finding something closer to home in the long run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,914 ✭✭✭shmeee

May have been posted already but just advertised now;

Clerical Officer Customs Opportunities (Shift Work)

Employing Department/Authority: Revenue Commissioners

Closing Date for Application: 10/03/2022

Got a department and start date for March because I'm giving 1 month's notice 😊

does anyone know if you can be place here in the current CO campaign we are in?

Oh wow well done you must be delighted! Are you happy with your department :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Janas

Only if they send you an EOI

Advertisement