Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dealzer

Hi

Thanks for all the info on this it's very helpful.

I wondered can any answer my question I'm considering taking this role to reduce my dealings with the public although that probably sounds terrible after all the answers i gave in the interview 😅 but after doing it for 13 years I've had enough. Would all positions have an element of dealing with the public? What's the departments to avoid?

Taking a big paycut for this so hope to get it right. I'm on the dublin panel.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Totally Red

I'm not on this long and stand to be corrected but as far as i know it's pot luck where you end up so you could end up been dealing with the public as we don't get to choose where we are put i didn't get my department until just before i started. Hopefully your lucky and get what you want but id say a majority of departments have an element of dealing with the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 midlands091315

I would say maybe the Department of Social Protection would have the most frontline person to person work other departments would deal with the public but more so by phone, however there are back office positions in DSP aswell it’s just pure luck whether you get placed front office or back office but once hired you could always go on mobility to move if you don’t like it (that would take minimum of two years) but time flies!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 happyWednesday

what type of work do they have you doing, is it a mix up or set? I made another panel but it's very manual, onsite, filing archiving etc and long term I don't think will be the most flexible.

I'm waiting to hear where I'm placed from this panel, just hoping it's more systems based.

what type of work do they have you doing, is it a mix up or set? I made another panel but it's very manual, onsite, filing archiving etc and long term I don't think will be the most flexible.

I'm waiting to hear where I'm placed from this panel, just hoping it's more systems based.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Inmate2020

I’m currently In DSP in an Intreo . As it’s all hands on deck with people being existing staff being pulled from the back to cover the front line . The vacancies I would imagine will be non customer facing at first - the reason being the volume of knowledge we need to have to deal with queries . Please Ignore all the myths and fears regarding customer facing roles in DSP . Our client base are lovely , and 9 times out of 10 they just want someone willing to help them - it’s very daunting to the customer coming into a SW office for the first time .

I soak up every new bit of information or circular - you turn into a walking encyclopaedia but that’s what makes you good in your role . Be respectful to every situation and a tip given to me on day one - repeat to yourself again and again - who am I to judge 💕 enjoy your roles . Current recruitment is replacing those retiring so you are the future of DSP - make it count and be that person who makes someone’s day .

I have a start date in 3 weeks time but I have not had anymore information such as where to go, what time, who to report to. How long before the start date would they usually contact you about this? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisaod

Hi everyone,

I got my results back last week from the Temporary clerical officer and I got 31 for Mayo. I’m just wondering is there any chance of being called? Thank you to everyone, this thread is so helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very good chance, but how long you be waiting is the tricky answer. Hopefully not too long. Gl

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lindyd33

Ive got a start date of 19/04 and i received my location and received an emaul from my line manager.i would imagine u should hear over the coming week fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭peanutk

Hey guys can i ask how long between being assigned your department to getting a location and start date took? Last i have heard was the 16/3 with my department. Nothing since!! Thanks

Thanks very much, hopefully I hear soon and best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisaod

Does anyone know what number their on in Mayo, or if they have many positions available. Waiting patiently!

At the moment its a bit of everything but not so much the filing and archiving so far.

I got my dep and start date on d same day. I didn get my location until a few days before

Thank you @Totally Red 😊

I would prob touch base and ask for a start date if i was u. HR were onto me almost as soon as i was assigned my dept to agree a start date. Might not do any harm just to ask 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

For anyone wondering where Louth is at, I just got my stage 2 expression of interest for Louth with OOM 76. Was giving up hope and wishing I'd gone with my alternative of Dublin where I was 386 on the OOM, and if all had gone smoothly, would probably have starting date by now, but happy enough now I didn't.

Post edited by cal_chi on

Thanks v much, hopefully will be the same for me!

@Lindyd33 thanks i think i will contact them by the end of the week if i havent heard anything 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sfr2022

Any update on the waterford panel??

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hello.there

Has anybody outside of Dublin been offered a position? I'm top 5 of my county and have not heard anything since February. I really thought I'd have handed in my notice by now 😅

Post edited by Hello.there on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bridnotbreege

Hi everyone! RE: Longford Panel.

Just in case this is helpful to anyone, I am number 27 on the Longford list and had my interview in early Feb. Clearance emailed me this week looking for Garda vetting etc.

Does anyone know how long on average I could be waiting to hear anything about a position once all documents have been submitted?

Thanks for your help!

Does anyone have any experience on remote working in their section, how often / flexible they are? Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Can anyone going through clearance for Dublin let me know roughly where they are at ooms? Asking for a friend who's not on boards and recently passed the interview. Thanks in advance.

I went through clearance it took about 2 weeks for me but i think it was different for some people on here

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dinka

I got my starting date from Louth panel. Its 19.05 and it's Revenue. Anyone can say anything about the training there?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Good for you well done! No help though I'm afraid I failed the interview last time around. I'm 91 for longford & sent back expression of interest last week, I'd say I'll be waiting a while if you're still hanging on 2 months after at number 27!! 🤞you get called soon. I've LCC interview next week but I think I'd rather CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dinka

Anyone can advise what happens when you have your family holidays booked and you get your starting date a month before it? We booked in November last year, and now it turned out I got the job... Do they let you take it or is it a definite no? Was any of you in this situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

They are usually very accommodating in this situation, just let your manager know immediately. I was in the same situation when I started in 2019 and there was no issue with me taking the time off.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Advertisement