Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 capri sun

• Registered Users Posts: 9 capri sun

Hi all, generally how quickly are you notified of a start date. Like has anyone had to work a long notice period in their previous job? Just wondering if that would be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mature cheese

Post edited by mature cheese on

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cocs

Hi Mature Cheese, have u had any contact since u gave notice/looked for reference, do u have a date or dept. I did the same due to long notice a few weeks ago, heard nothing yet.

I got a date and department and have accepted the position. I have also done a health and character declaration but heard nothing since-glad to hear I’m not the only one

• Advertisement

That's good, can I ask you how long after you asked for reference/gave in notice did you get your department start date etc, I haven't got that. Thinking I should make contact. Also congratulations!

Thank you. They actually gave me my location and start date before I did the vetting/reference check. It’s hard to get excited though when I’ve heard very little

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Frostie24

Thanks ladz Yes after interview.

Hope you reach your goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Darth-1999

Hi guys, I’m just in the 800s OOM has anyone heard word back about there interview from people that are 700 to 800? For people from Dublin

many thanks

Did anyone who is currently employed has completed vetting and all forms and finally had references requested wait a long time or how long before offered a department. Just waiting at the moment and anxious! Any info would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Cloudywx

Hi folks. Does anyone know where they are at on the OOM for Waterford and Wexford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

I've been offered a grade IV permanent position however it is a 3 hour round trip everyday.

I have also been offered a permanent position in a private organistion 5 minutes from my home starting on the same salary however without the yearly increments.

I would appreciate any advice from someone in a similar position?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BoatGirlDolly

Hi, Dublin interview was on Friday and I got an update of the results today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lindyd33

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AdamLIN

I did my interview last Monday and got the results today

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Darth-1999

Literally got my results today thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dinka

I think such a commute would be a massive no no to me. I'd rather take the job beside me and spend the time on doing something I like. No job is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Coole-kid21

Hi does anyone know where they are on OOM in Longford please and thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Totally Red

I agree with Dinka i think the travelling will wear you down eventually. Its a lot to commit to but weigh up your options and figure out whats best for you. @Kas2010

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Totally Red

Mine was the same but 3 days before i started they were in touch as to what time and office to attend. So closer to your start date id say they will be in touch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Frostie24

If your young and no major commitments , it would be worth the travel on a short term basis , as you can look to move after 2 yrs.

I regret not joining public Service when I was younger.

The stability and pension is a deciding factor for a lot of people, and you can progress further.

Goodluck with decision

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sra360

@Cloudywx I am mid 30s in Waterford and sent off my references and vetting last week. Was given a start date in May for Revenue - pending results of vetting.

Best of luck @Sra360 Hopeully I won’t be waiting too much longer 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NellyNull

@Coole-kid21 I am mid teens for Longford and got word Mid March that I was under consideration for a position. Completed vetting and references requested, waiting to hear more. So I am assuming they could well be in the OOM 20s be now. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Booella69

I got the same call for Waterford revenue but OOM in the 70's

• Registered Users Posts: 26 megger

Anyone in Wexford or Wicklow been placed yet? The panel just doesn’t seem to be moving at all and I’m in high teens for Wicklow and 30s for Wexford.

@megger I’m in top 30 and friend in top 10 in Wexford and they’ve had no news either!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

For anyone interested. Called for interview today for longford I'm 91 in oom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aoibhin1

Hi all. I have recently been assigned to a position in the Dept of social protection based in an Intreo office. 😅

Does anyone have any experience as a clerical officers in this role? What is the work like? Is remote working available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

I think if I'd no kids or only 1 or 2 I would take it, I mean Im presuming that the scope for promotion would be way better in the cs as opposed to private company. You could apply for promotion in an area closer to you. I know a girl who commuted over an hour each way, she is now a grade 6 & working from home full time for the HSE. It was worth the hardship for the few years.

Advertisement